1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED CLeF - Things to do in Starbound [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by MrChow, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

MrChow submitted a new mod:

CLeF - Things to do in Starbound - Armour, liquid interactions, repairable drills & pickaxes, old bosses, new quests and much more!

Read more about this mod...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  2. Altered_Nova

Altered_Nova Big Damn Hero

I didn't buy Starbound until after the Upbeat Giraffe update so I don't really understand why most of these changes would be better, but I have noticed and agree with some things you are changing that seemed unbalanced and unrealistic to me, like the intraspace travel being free, and most planets having nothing on them that can be used for fuel.

Would you consider releasing a version of the mod with just the fuel changes (although maybe coal and core fragments should be worth less fuel since liquid erchius exists?), space travel cost changes and bigger stack sizes? Thank you.

3. MrChow

If you just need the fuel changes and stack sizes, then keep these files (and delete the rest):
    • interface/cockpit/cockpit.config (intraSystemFuelcost keeps Intraspace travel cost value)
    • leveling/fuelcost.functions (interSystemFuelcost keeps Interspace travel cost ranges)
    • items/generic/crafting/*ore.item (fuelAmount keeps the fuel value)
    • items/liquids/oil.liqitem (same as above)
    • items/defaultparameters.config (defaultMaxStack keeps the max stock value)
    • ChokeLeFish.modinfo (without it the mod won't be recognized)
    Other resources correspond to:
    • items/generic/crafting/*brain.item (required for the Fatal Circuit quest and keep links to 2 new cooking recipes)
    • items/generic/tier1/brain*.* (2 new consumables made of abovementioned brains)
    • recipes/kitchen/tier1/brain*.recipe (2 new recipes for cooking the abovementioned brains)
    • items/tools/miningtools/*.miningtool (keep modifed durability values for all pickaxes and drills)
    • recipes/craftingtable/ironbeacon.recipe (allows you to craft the Distress Beacon and summon UFO boss)
    • recipes/ironcraftingtable/metalworkstation.recipe (restored EK's recipe which requires 1 Molten Core)
    • recipes/stonefurnace/moltencore.recipe (new recipe to craft Molten Core from 10 core fragments)
    • player.config (keeps links to all restored items)
    >although maybe coal and core fragments should be worth less
    Core fragments are very hard to get to - you need to dig right to the planet's core. It's not worth digging if they fuel less than plutonium. The coal has original EK's value (i.e. originally meant by devs), and its pretty logical to have 2 points of fuel - cheap and energy-packed, I have to deal with the actual coal everyday fall-winter-spring season-wise to keep my house warm.

There's also a problem with barren and the moon worlds - the first one do not have any fuel and the coal is extremely hard to find on the latter, so with the intraspace travel costing fuel again you may end up stuck on these worlds forever, especially if you set one as a homeworld.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  4. Murumuru

Murumuru Void-Bound Voyager

is it possible to restore full item drop on death on any difficulty?

5. MrChow

Before I'll answer your question, let me put a little backstory:

In Enraged Koala, there were three difficulty settings and they called like this:

Normal. Hardcore. Permadeath.

Hardcore mode included drop of ENTIRE inventory and nobody really played it, as well as Permadeath, which killed your character off, making the item drop pretty much pointless.

Since Rampaging Koala, Normal mode has included ore drop, which was stored in client.config (player.config in later builds) as normalModeDeathDrops item array.

A lot (and I really mean a lot) of people were enraged by this change, because the dropped ores were disappearing INSTANTLY and you had no chance to get them back, literally throwing out all the previous hours of your digging through the ground. Tons of mods were made the same days after each Nightly release just to get rid of it.

Out of frustration, the developers added the "Casual" mode, without ore dropping, then... removed "Hardcore" mode altogether and renamed "Permadeath" to "Extreme".

I really don't know why you would like it to return (except for purely masochistic reasons), but here's the answer to your question: (un)fortunately, it's not possible, because it's hardcoded. All you can do is to get rid of ore drops in the current "Normal" mode. :)

6. fyreman666

fyreman666 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really wanna try this mod, it looks fun, but it causes my game to crash. Something about the beacon (I tried to paste what the log said, but it said something about a sneaky url) is making the game crash, so if you have any possible fix ideas or any mods that might conflict with this one, I'd like to know.

7. Altered_Nova

Altered_Nova Big Damn Hero

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

I dunno about barren worlds (I haven't visited one yet) but didn't the Upbeat Giraffe patch add liquid erchius fuel to all moons? Every moon I've visited so far has had tons of the stuff, I spent 10 minutes on one moon and left with over 3000 liquid erchius.

8. MrChow

To my shame, I've accidentally forgot a single comma at the end of array. /)_< I'll upload the fixed mod in several minutes. Thank you very much for the report! :D

9. MrChow

10. MrChow

11. fyreman666

I'm enjoying the mod thus far (started a new game, the extra storage is useful no matter what point you're in) but when it comes to the climbing rope, it seems that item's max capacity is still only 1K. I'm not really complaining, I don't use the item (though I probably should) just felt like it needed to be stated. I've not yet tested the brain stew or old armors update yet, I was just typing this as it got updated.

12. MrChow

Thanks! :) Never used climbing rope myself, so had no idea about its limitation.

The old armors are probably will be hard (if not impossible) to get without Creative Mode spawner - looks like the biome areas where the Matter Blocks are supposed to spawn are in "to-do" state.

13. fyreman666

Good thing I have the Creative Mode mod installed and use it constantly. Gotta love the duplicator item!

14. fyreman666

Oh, crap, something I overlooked with this mod and starting a new game is because it takes fuel to travel period now, I have to do the admin tier cheat. Unless there's a way past that?

15. MrChow

You can now use coal, core fragments and oil as fuel, don't forget that. :D

Wait... you can't fix the fuel tank without oil in the first place? Let me check it up...

16. fyreman666

I know, but I mean I can't exactly unlock the use of fuel until the FTL is 100% repaired, which takes travelling to the outpost, which takes fuel, which I can't access.

17. MrChow

Interesting. When I've tested the new character, I've played as custom race - Kawa's Felin. Surprisingly, her ship actually allows to access fuel tank once you bring 20 core fragments. Just replayed with brandnew floran - no dice. I'll have to inspect closely those ship files. Perhaps, I'll find a solution and patch required PNGs. :)

In the meanwhile, open interface/cockpit/cockpit.config and set intraSystemFuelcost to 0. Sorry for the inconvenience.

18. fyreman666

Ahh, I haven't added any custom races yet, just the vanilla. Or, well, just the Novakid. Haven't tested human or any others yet with this mod.

19. MrChow

20. MrChow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.