Clan Infinity: MS Paint is all you need.

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan Infinity, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

2. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

but sleep is where T̷̟̹͔̜͚̞̻̲̗̪̼̣͍̍͋ͭ͌ͭ̉͘Hͦ͑͊̂ͥ̏̓ͣͬͦ҉̶́҉̴̟͔̰̜̜͍̳E̓ͣ̀̽̓ͯͨ̽ͥ̕͏͕̦͎͔̼̭͚̘̤̗̯̗̳̼̥̥͝Y̌ͯ̓͊̈̾̄̏͆̋҉̧̪̬͍̳̱̟̘͡ are

3. Shiriaru Kita

Shiriaru Kita Cosmic Narwhal

Luna, donleong94, Britefire and 3 others like this.
  4. Spike

Spike Supernova

5. Gredd18

Gredd18 Giant Laser Beams

I was going to actually try that, but the only place to get the game ISO or whatever I can find are torrent sites, and my Uni blocks Peer-to-Peer sharing heavily.
    I just want my Monthly Waifu Allowance.
    God fuckin'-...
    Dammit. 31 minutes too late.
    But that's what makes it s̢̧̬͚̟̘̼̥͇͍̯̣̩̼̲̳͉̞ͦ̉ͤ̃͊ͩͭͪ̽͊̊̄̿̂̍̊͘͝͡ͅͅo̶̶̢̯͇̪̹͈̭̩̻̺̤̖̖͚̩̓ͮ̂ͪ͑͐ͥ̌͌̾̋̓̔̀͜ ̵̸̧̮̦̩̰̤̲̠̯͉͙̼̣̌͌ͧ̊͂̈̇͌̓͐̽m̛̛̝̞̙͕̜̳̪̫͚̻̝̿͊͆̓͑ͯ̎̉ͯ͌̓́͝ṳ̷̴̡̧̭̦̜̮̳͈̻̺̰̟͒͑ͥ̐̅ͨͩͣ͋̅ͪ̇͋̓̎̃́͛c̷̡̺̜̖̳͚͙̫̮̩͕̖̮̪̺̞̜̪̭ͥͤ̈́̃͋̿̓ͮ͆̈́ͫ̚͘͝ḩ̴̢̠͇̳̗̗̪͇̫̫͈̞̠̜͗ͨ̄̋̽͛̓͊́ͫ̌͐̇̈ͭͩ̚̕ ̷̯͔̮̲͔͇̝̒ͦͫ̾̌̽̓̇̄̌̃ͮ͡͞ͅf̶̴̤̤͇̹̳̟͍͓̦̙̳̺̯̙ͭ̎ͪ̒͆̎ͭ͒̔̏̕u̓ͭ̿͋̏͊̉̂ͮ̂̽́̚͠҉̴͖͇̜̪̱̪̮̪̱̳̗͇̝̺̼̝̼͠͡ņ̵̨̺̘̰̟̞̱̹͈̱̫͔̩͎̞͈̟ͣͬ͛͛͋̏ͤ̽ͧ͗

6. Milly Rainbowskittlez

ive been to two armor panals now on the samurai armor, and ive done my own studies as well on the various weapons and armors of japan. I can say with confidence that a katana cant break through samurai armor on the first, or even 10th blow.
    In fact japanese combat revolved around undoing the armor, or getting around it.. much like literally every other nation. The slits youre talking about arent actually big enough for a sword to get through because the plates are so tightly woven together, and are also sometimes backed with an even bigger plate (it depends on the time period) In order to get through that armor, you have to break the weaving, which in general, is easier said than done, since in general someone going against a samurai likely doesnt have as good of armor. (especially since most heavily armed forces were bowmen.. which was what samurai were in most eras)

Also at no point was the katana ever considered a good weapon. Everyone had one, but using it is the same as using a pistol in the current era. Its a side arm that CAN kill, but the weapon youre issued with will likely kill them easier. Unless youre @Freddy

Luna, donleong94, Britefire and 4 others like this.
  7. Milly Rainbowskittlez

The interesting thing about Damascus steel is that its steel is actually stronger than the steel we made in the early industrial age (not the case anymore if i recall.. i dont remember) But whats so fascenating is we dont know how to make it. In fact no one has known since the civilization that made Damascus Steel collapsed. It was also not always called damascus steel.. The only reason why it is, is because no one knows what it was actually called (or we found out, but it had been called that for so long that fuck that civilizations naming.)

8. Spike

Spike Supernova

Ah, so it has to do with undoing the armor rather than sliding in between it. That's good to know.

Jimlad Spek Like Punch.png

9. Gredd18

Honestly, the more you read into medieval warfare, the more you realise swords were actually pretty shit weapons.
    Maces, Spears and Crossbows are all way, way more effective, require much less training and and usually cheaper to produce.
    Maces are simple hit-for-profit weapons, that work against pretty much anything you throw against them. Plate Armour won't stand forever against repeated bashing.
    Spears are simple, Point and Stab Weapons. Viable against Plate if you're strong enough, and keeps people at distance.
    Crossbows are point-and-shoot. Sure, slow to reload, but you don't have to train bowmen in strength and skill for the same sort of results.

Swords, however, when slashing/swinging require you to hit at the right angel. If you don't, you're going to miss out on lots of the weapon's effect. Hell, it might just skim off the top bit of skin and leave everything important untouched. And against Plate Armour, they're trash.

Also, on Armour, Swords do pretty bad with slashing against even hard leather. Chainmail/etc is even more effective, if heavier, and you get to the point where Swords were more precision/aim for weakspot weapons.
    A few people have said they've figured out how to make it, but I don't think it's been officially recognised as a true reproduction.
    Also, It's pretty as sin.
    [​IMG]

10. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

It sucks that Peer-to-Peer's blocked, maybe you could get it outside of uni and bring it to your pc?
    That " K " is different because it's taken from my kababo necklace
    That's a nice parody of Argthrond!

11. Fluffy Arsonist

Fluffy Arsonist Cosmic Narwhal

which is why swords were never really a battlefield weapon.
    they were almost always self defense and/or dueling weapons.

12. Shiriaru Kita

Shiriaru Kita Cosmic Narwhal

13. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

Here, maybe this one will make more sense then!
    *licks the catnip up and scurries under bed*
    Accurate emotion.
    *mew!*
    Cute!

*boops!*

Saal, donleong94, Freddy and 2 others like this.
  14. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

15. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

HOW DID THEY KNOW?!?!
    Briting Nirnfire. How goes your day/weekend?

16. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

Tired, mewpeppu, not watched kamen rider build yet so also unmewwy =_=
    Otherwise good!
    How about you?

17. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Good, had a lazy day yesterday, today was less lazy, and as such more fun. Just worked on some stuff for my D&D game, and my players might be getting a Tome of Understanding at around level 6 since I rolled a 100 on a treasure hoard, and a 100 on the magical item. Of course, it'll all depend on if they actually examine that room, they'll fight a boss there so they SHOULD think to check the place out, but who knows. These guys have been surprisingly lax when it comes to checking for loot.

18. Britefire

Britefire Supernova

And this is why ou always always always search every last room for loot!

19. Gredd18

I would, but there's not really an easy way to do that at the moment, unfortunately :c
    *counter-boop: bop*

20. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Nirning Clan ∞. :zzz:

donleong94, Freddy and Britefire like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.