1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Chinese Localization Issue - Solid Gold Lewis Statue

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by danaman5, Sep 16, 2018.

1. danaman5

danaman5 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello,

If you find the Solid Gold Lewis statue and leave it somewhere in Pelican Town, you are supposed to receive a letter from Lewis the next day telling you not to do it again, along with 750g. However, in the Chinese language localization, there is a bug in which the end of the letter is glitchy, and you are not credited with the gold. See attached screenshot. In the attached screenshot, the %道具、金钱 750 751 %% translates to something like "%item, gold 750 751 %%.

I tested this in all other languages, and they correctly displayed the letter and credited the gold, so it is an issue solely with the Chinese localization. I am running MacOS 10.13.6, and my Stardew Valley build ID is 3021943. I do not know if this is also an issue in the Windows version, as I do not have access to a Windows machine.

Note that this is NOT the bug I have seen reported elsewhere regarding being unable to find the Solid Gold Lewis statue at all. I had no problem finding the statue, it is the letter afterward that is broken in the Chinese localization.

Attached Files: