1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Children?

Discussion in 'Support' started by MimtheCrazy, Mar 2, 2016.

1. MimtheCrazy

MimtheCrazy Void-Bound Voyager

There seems to be nothing on the wikia about children, and the little I know about them is...very, very little.

How do you trigger having children, how long does it take, etc?

I'm assuming you can have 2 kids, as there are two single beds in the nursery upgrade. So...how does it work, how long is the female pregnant for, how do the gay couples work, etc?

Anyone know yet? :) Thanks in advance.

• webhito

webhito Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure either, not in the game far enough yet, but afaik, if you are unable to have children, there is an option to adopt, not sure how that works either but I have read it a few times somewhere else.

• Gotsmurphed

Gotsmurphed Space Hobo

It apparantly is just for show and you can't have kids or adopt. I have yet to be able 2 anyway.

• Mouseee

Mouseee Orbital Explorer

Once you are married, after a certain amount of time passes, a message will pop up asking if you would like to have children. For same-sex couples, adoption is offered. You can have a maximum of two kids. After a pretty short pregnancy/adoption waiting period, they start as babies, and grow eventually into toddlers. You can approach them once a day and get a “heart”, like when you “pet” an animal on the farm. As you interact with them this way once each day, your relationship with them will go up, just like your friendships with the townspeople. But you cannot give the children gifts. They run around the house and occasionally block hallways and furniture, and get in the way, just like the cat sometimes tends to do. That’s about the extent of it.