Tool Chicklet V2.1.4 - Save editor & Map editor

Discussion in 'Mods' started by stefanhaan, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Tsukuru

Tsukuru Pangalactic Porcupine

This is far from an important issue, but if you think it's easy to work around, here it is. I'm currently using an extended hairstyles.xnb file, and the save I want to edit is using one of the added hairstyles, which causes Chicklet to display no hairstyle number, display my character as bald, and causes it to get stuck on "saving". Setting one of the vanilla hairs on my character allows Chicklet to save without a problem.

That aside, you've made a very elegant tool!

• Ainaak

Ainaak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No matter which file I download, every time I open the zipped folder, there isn't anything there.

edit 1: When I try to download it thru zip extractor libEGL.dll stalls at 100%

edit 2: I managed to finally install it after downloading v1.7

edit 3: I renamed the update file and it opened properly but every time I try to save any changes it goes to an infinite loading screen.

edit 4: I got it to save after changing the modded hair and shirt

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
      • stefanhaan

stefanhaan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Have you tried this download yet?
        http://www.mediafire.com/download/j42jso7jr5t7ml4/Chicklet_v1_9_2-win32-x64.zip

Haven't heard any other complaints about this yet, might be something specific about your save.
        Could you link me your save?

• Ainaak

I got it to save after changing the modded hair and shirt, I activated all of the cooking recipes and those were in place and as I expected the hair and shirt were from the base game.

Thanks for making this tool, besides the set backs it's awesome. If you still want to look at my save here it is below.

Attached Files:

• Eirrinn

Eirrinn Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey i just wanted to state a few things.
            It seems like the cave changer option doesnt work? Or am I just doing something wrong ;w;

• stefanhaan

Are you using custom mods for the game?

• stefanhaan

It should work? As far as I last tested it it still worked.

• stefanhaan

I've currently started on the map editor, i've made quite a few of those already. And luckily the map file can be ported to TMX which is even nicer since it already makes it compatible with chicklet ^^
                  [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
                  • Ainaak

Yes I am, I saw from a previous post that the tool doesn't show modded hair,shirts,skirts. That's why I wasn't too worried when my character showed up bald shirtless and only wearing stomach high pants but it wasn't until I gave her a base game hair and shirt that it went through, it's probably a compatibility problem.

• stefanhaan

Yea, my save editor won't take custom content from Mods into account.

• ajc291

ajc291 Orbital Explorer

Any chance at an option to set the stack count to what ever number such as Shift+Right Click opens number box to set to 11 or increase in increments of 1 instead of 2 ?

• stefanhaan

Not for now at least, I started on the map editor so that will take up most of my time working on Chicklet.

Short update on the map editor, just gotta add the greenhouse & farmhouse and then I can add all the shit that can be changed.
                          [​IMG]

• KimberlyMarno

KimberlyMarno Scruffy Nerf-Herder

To
                            One thing about the cave....
                            The mushroom cave seems to give you more mushrooms in a month than the bat cave gives you fruit...
                            bats aren't exactly in the middle of the cave but in the dark spots, you can tell by the red eyes (dots) appearing in it.

• Novalex233

Novalex233 Aquatic Astronaut

OMG this is awesome!!! I love every single bit of this!
                              Anyway I just want to make a quick suggestion: Could you add a "skill" editor? I am starting a new game for the third time now, and I really hate to grind my mining and combat up again...

BoffoBoy and KimberlyMarno like this.
                              • stefanhaan

Quick update on the map editor!

I've got the renderer finished on 4 or 5 entities left, need to add trees, fences, terrain features like bush etc. (Haven't tested with crops yet, my personal save just shifted season so everything died.) And I need to add the small doors to the barn & coops.
                                After that all that remains is adding UI to modify the map! Moving buildings, adding buildings, adding of objects / deletion of objects etc.

It will also feature the switching of the season for the rendering, below my personal Farm renderer with Chicklet in it's current state in all seasons. The map editor will also feature zoom, the images below were taken with a tilesize of 16px. I wouldn't
                                recommend anything above 32px though, since the rendering viewport isn't that big. (I believe like 50 tiles wide and 42 tiles high or something)
                                [​IMG]

KimberlyMarno and BoffoBoy like this.
                                • BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Thought that was tIDE for a moment, very nice.

Oh if you were looking to do a house wall paper and flooring editor I can tell you this much:

Left to right always, Ape has no time for Manga.

Top Floor Room-> Crib Pit -> Corridor between said rooms
                                  Then
                                  Bottom Floor Kitchen->Livingroom-> Corridor -> Bed Room

Not sure how the married version works but since the bottom floor makes sense (as opposed to the top floor) I can only assume it's after the bed room.

wallpaper and flooring values are offset 1 because number 1, ugly default, is 0

You'd be doing people a service as of 1.05 (I fixed my wallpaper before 1.06 came out) as you cannot wall paper the corridors in game right now but at least you can floor them!!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
                                  • stefanhaan

I already offer house wall papers and floorings, you can place floorings / wallpapers into your inventory through the item editor. You have to manually apply them in the game though.

• ActionBreaker

ActionBreaker Tentacle Wrangler

Hi ! Great job, thank you!

I just noticed a little problem while auto-updating your save editor. We can still click to load a file. That's not a very important problem but i just wanted to let you know :) Here is a video that shows the problem :

Keep up the good work!

• stefanhaan

I noticed that before yea :p I'll try to remember to remove the clickthrough on that overlay!

And as another update on the map editor, I've finished nearly everything. Only things to render are the fully grown trees, fruit trees, tall grass, fertiliser, crops, fence gates, and the doors of buildings. The rest should all render properly (With some minor quirks along the fence perimeter at the top of the map, and minor quirks around buildings)

The left one is the map from a fresh save, the middle my personal one, and the right one is a sent in one.
                                        [​IMG]

PS. I also stumbled upon how to unlock the greenhouse, so I can add that back in to the editor ^^

KimberlyMarno likes this.
                                        • StampedingTurtle

StampedingTurtle Void-Bound Voyager

I just wanted to verify I'm using this right because so far I haven't gotten the changes I've made to show up... Do I open the editor, choose the correct save file, make my changes, hit save, then load up the game? Or is there a different order I should be doing?