RELEASED Chicklet - Save file editor & Map Editor V2.1.4

A save file & Map editor for StardewValley

1. stefanhaan

stefanhaan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Whoops, my bad! I develop on a iMac. And magic mouse scrolls the other way around for me :p I'll fix it in the next update ^^

• DivineRpg

DivineRpg Void-Bound Voyager

How do you use Chicket version 1.8.7 there is no .exe for me

• stefanhaan

The windows 64bit version accidentally had the iOs version. It now has the correct link for the windows version

• HSneak

HSneak Void-Bound Voyager

Can you please make a link for the 1.8.8 update ? since i can't use the auto-updater (even if Chicklet is not on C drive)

• stefanhaan

Issue with auto-updater solved!
            Thanks to ZeroByDivide wanting to be my guinea pig to see what the issue was for the auto updater not actually updating Chicklet, we managed to find the issue.

The issue comes from having Chicklet stored in a filepath that contains a space.
            For instance storing Chicklet as followed:
            G:/Chicklet-win32-64x/

Then you would have no issues with the auto updater.
            But if you stored it in a place like:
            G:/Save Editors/Chicklet-win32-64x/

Then the auto updater would fail, as it uses the file path without escaping the space in Save Editors. Then the command line sees it as separate commands which are not recognised.
            To solve this " need to be added around the paths in order to not break on file paths that contain a space.

If you don't want to redownload a new version you can open up the update.bat file in /resources/app.asar.unpacked/ and replace its contents with the line below:
            Code:
            TIMEOUT 3 && del "%~dp0..\app.asar" && ren "%~dp0..\update.asar" app.asar && "%~dp0..\..\Chicklet.exe"
            Then the auto-update should work flawlessly. I will be building 1.8.7 with this finks and replace the links with them.

• stefanhaan

stefanhaan updated Chicklet - Save file editor with a new update entry:

Hotfix for the auto updater

Read the rest of this update entry...

• ThunderLynx

ThunderLynx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You need to put in C drive for update to work. I just did it and it finally updated.
                it might not be C for everyone. its the one that says "windows" in front of the letter.
                just make a short cut to desk top for easy access to folder later. than put short cut where you like.
                best mod out there. thanks.

• stefanhaan

Chicklet 1.9.0 - Crafting / Cooking recipe editor

• stefanhaan

It's not the C drive luckily!

Its the following:
                    The issue comes from having Chicklet stored in a filepath that contains a space.
                    For instance storing Chicklet as followed:
                    G:/Chicklet-win32-64x/

Then you would have no issues with the auto updater.
                    But if you stored it in a place like:
                    G:/Save Editors/Chicklet-win32-64x/

Then the auto updater would fail, as it uses the file path without escaping the space in Save Editors. Then the command line sees it as separate commands which are not recognised.
                    To solve this " need to be added around the paths in order to not break on file paths that contain a space.

If you don't want to redownload a new version you can open up the update.bat file in /resources/app.asar.unpacked/ and replace its contents with the line below:

Code:
                    TIMEOUT 3 && del "%~dp0..\app.asar" && ren "%~dp0..\update.asar" app.asar && "%~dp0..\..\Chicklet.exe"
                    Then the auto-update should work flawlessly. I will be building 1.8.7 with this finks and replace the links with them.

• ThunderLynx

I see. I put it in a folder called Stardew Valley (where I keep all the fun stuff(modded) in). Time to change name to Stardew-Valley.
                      first time I saw a program not updating do to a space.
                      Spaces are evil and must die!!!!
                      lol jk
                      thanks for the correction.

• KimberlyMarno

KimberlyMarno Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Before this error I also had the update error that was earlier resolved here ^ and it fixed my issue, so now I have 1.9.0 yay!
                        but the happiness only lasted some minutes... after I noticed that I couldn't get more than 1 of each item while editing my inventory :<
                        i mean: I get a strawberry>drag it to inventory>scroll 'down' to get a fair number a.k.a 20 >save>open game>load save> just 1 strawberry in inventory ._.
                        Am I doing something wrong?

• HSneak

HSneak Void-Bound Voyager

Yay thank you, it was the space in the exe path that was causing the problem ^^ putting the editor in a folder wihtout spaces made it work !

• ThunderLynx

works if you shift+ left click on item in inventory to instantly get a full stack of 999. use what you want and sell the rest back to game or trash it.

• stefanhaan

Yep it's a bug, I forgot to add the actual save to the scrolling. (For performance reasons I delayed this a bit, but I forgot about it).

Got this fixed in my beta release, I'm adding searching through the items and then I'll release 1.9.2 through the auto updater.
                              And I'm also reverting the scrolling, it now works reversed on windows as how it should be. (Due to me forgetting my scrolling is reversed on my iMac :p )

• stefanhaan

Item searching, new 1.5 secret items!

Read the rest of this update entry...

• stefanhaan

The problems mentioned above with the quantity are fixed in 1.9.2, new items from 1.5 have been added.
                                  Searching through items has also been added! You can also search on categories like "seeds" or "artifact" or any of the categories you might find below the item name and above the description.

KimberlyMarno likes this.
                                  • Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

I got to say, you put a lot of love into this editor. I LOVE the UI, it is so elegant. You wouldn't happen to be a professional developer, would you? :)

As a side note, I don't know if it has been suggested, and it is probably way too much work, but would a farm edit be possible (ex. moving around buildings and such)? No pressure, as you have done a marvelous job as is, and I'm sure it's a ton of work you don't need.

You have my full support!

• stefanhaan

I'm definitely keeping my eye on a farm editor, might be a standalone application though as I would need a bit more space. But I'm saving this for after a few other features that take a lot less time to implement.

I happen to be a professional developer though, not an app developer :p. And thanks for the kind words!

KimberlyMarno and Vith like this.
                                      • Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

Either way, if you even get to it, that would be greatly appreciated! I'm certain other people that use your amazing editor would agree with me. Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Also, it is easy to see that, haha. If you don't mind me asking, what language did you use to code this in?

• stefanhaan

The funny thing is, is that it's coded in javascript. I chose this to test out a new framework I found.

Vith and KimberlyMarno like this.