Chemistry, anyone?

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by DeVoid, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Lugubrious

Lugubrious Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i am a chemical engineering student, so i guess i might get a chubby.

DeVoid likes this.
  2. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

I do like the idea for this being a sorta mini game. you have to control heat,ingredients, water, and biohazard stuff

3. Starmi

Starmi Pangalactic Porcupine

how about the goo from different virorbs causes special effects when used in a "potion"
    Air virorb goo: increases jump height and slows falling. also eliminates fall damage
    Sky virorb goo: causes small streams of lightning to attack nearby enemies (like a tesla)
    Light virorb goo: causes player to emit light and regenerates battery power
    Flower virorb goo: plants appear wherever you walk and nearby insects follow and fight for you
    Cosmo virorb goo: creates a "ring of healing" around the player the slowly harms enemies and heals the player. Shooting stars will continuously fall around the player
    Normal virorb goo: makes all virorbs neutral
    Boom virorb goo: causes the player to explode when attacked (1 use). explosions dont destroy blocks and the player will lose half of their current health
    Crystal virorb goo: decreases damage taken from enemies and halves jump height (no increase in fall damage)
    Snow virorb goo: temporarily freezes enemies that attacked the player
    Skull virorb goo: increases attack strength of the player but drains health
    Mist virorb goo: causes invisibility to enemies until you make contact with them
    Steam virorb "goo": increases the power of all mechanical objects on-screen
    UFO virorb goo: Allows the player to use a tractor beam that attracts items and mobs, and fly
    Fire virorb goo: sets attacking enemies on fire
    Aqua virorb goo: creates blobs of water that orbit around the player. these blobs block enemy attacks and drown enemies
    Sludge virorb goo: poisons enemies
    Mutant virorb goo: drops enemy defense to 0
    Hand virorb goo: player can grab items anywhere on-screen
    Psyco virorb goo: block movemant via telekinesis
    Trippy virorb goo: time slows, distortion of sight. (DRUGS :rainbow:)
    all of these effects are temporary.
    I think i got all of them covered!

4. SebaJK7

SebaJK7 Aquatic Astronaut

Ive got a thread about how would virorbs act as pets, and POSITIVE effects they could give you when
    they like *stick* to your head. These woulds surely apply

5. Starmi

Starmi Pangalactic Porcupine

Well that took long enough :lod:

6. Jaxm

Jaxm Aquatic Astronaut

it would e great imagine having a vile of cesium ad throwing it into water to create a simple explosive or creating corrosive acids or highly reactive metals and then there are noble gasses which tend to be no fun :zzz:' but other than that the possibilities are endless

7. pikdummi

pikdummi Master Chief

Ooooh, I'd rather fancy having some 'realistic' chemical reactions to make some advanced stuff.

8. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

We need chemistry for sure!

9. TenT

TenT Orbital Explorer

It would add ridiculous smart role-play if this gets added. My idea would be like you could store the pure elements in a reaction machine. Then there is a ''craft menu'' showing some recipes, which could be something like TNT. Its molecular formula is C7H5N3O6, so let's say you want to produce 1 mol of TNT, you will need 12g*7 + 1g*5 +14g*3 + 16g*6 -> to create 227 grams of TNT.
    Another example would be Epinephrine(adrenalin), which will give you some stats for a short period of time.

For the elements, you could get them by placing determined types of blocks into the machine for it to decombine. Some elements like H, O and N are available in the atmosphere so there is no need to go after them.

10. cooptex977

cooptex977 Big Damn Hero

I would be into this :)