RELEASED Character Portrait Overhauls! - 1.1 compatible! [Oct 7] 0.6.5.4.3

Touch up to the NPC portraits, staying true to the vanilla style.

1. Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Introducing, Harvey!
    [​IMG]

• MtGO

MtGO Void-Bound Voyager

• Limealicious

Limealicious Void-Bound Voyager

I like it! I prefer mustacheless Harvey or the well trimmed beard that MtGO linked, but you took the incredibly creepy mustache and made it very tolerable! I didn't think it could be done, kudos!

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Somehow the earbuds frame of the Harvey sprite was missing the earbuds. That's fixed now.

And yup, I plan to do both a bearded/shaven variant when I've finished the bachelors :D

PuzzlePrism, Limealicious and lilipea like this.
        • idiotequed

idiotequed Aquatic Astronaut

Oh man, thank you! I've been using the trimmed beard mod and will likely wait until you do that variant (so grateful that you plan to!!!), but wow what a difference to that stache! They all look fantastic. Awesome.

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Oh yeah, variants of Harvey are first on my list. I'm really not a fan of the stache either. I should be done with Alex and Sam in the next day or two, and then I'll be doing the Harvey variants first thing. :laugh:

• Timidx3

Timidx3 Big Damn Hero

I just wanted to say how impressed I am with your work. These are amazing. I really love how you took the original concepts of the characters, and stuck close to it. Super awesome job! c:

• moomin

moomin Master Chief

Yeah I thought they were accidental white pixels as well until I looked closer and notice the other colors at the ends.

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

And with this, all of the bachelors and bachelorettes are finished :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Topodic and Limealicious like this.
                  • Limealicious

Limealicious Void-Bound Voyager

They're done! They all look amazing! Now to try and figure out who to marry because the decision suddenly got really hard :cry:

Topodic likes this.
                    • Lillipad

Lillipad Tentacle Wrangler

This is my favorite portrait mod, congrats on finishing all the marriageable NPCs. Is it okay if I request a version of Harvey with either no mustache or fully bearded, and a black haired Abby?

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Thanks! The Harvey edits were already planned. I'll keep the Abby one in mind too. I also added planned variants to the first post :D

• Lillipad

Lillipad Tentacle Wrangler

Sweet, thanks for all your hard work.

• Cerylia

Cerylia Void-Bound Voyager

thanks it looks cute and yeah it remebers me a lot of popuri xD

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

It wasn't planned, but I might. Thanks for the suggestion :DD

• Whiteshade

Whiteshade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice work, love this!

• Vauete

Vauete Aquatic Astronaut

Hello! Made an account just to say that you are so talented. The portraits are amazing and yet not too different. :D

I know you plan on spriting some variants but afterwards are you planning on redoing the portraits for all the npcs? Personally I'd really like to see a redraw of Evelyn or George. :D Thanks for all your hard work.

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Yup, absolutely! I'll probably do the Harvey variants, then jump right into other NPCs. I'm just taking a few day's break so I can actually play the game :DD

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

Kamirose submitted a new mod:

Character Portrait Overhauls! - Touch up to the NPC portraits, staying true to the vanilla style.

[​IMG][​IMG]
                                      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bachelorette before/after comparisons by Old Man Jenkins

I'm planning to eventually do all characters, but I'll post them below as I continue to complete them! Keep an eye on this thread as I keep uploading, and feel free to post the characters you want done the most, so I know who's in demand.

For now, I'm trying to keep the original feeling of the character while also putting my own touch on them. I might also take requests to change the style of the character later, but that would be after I finish everyone I wanna do first :)

DOWNLOAD ALL FILES, or download individually below.

Bachelorettes
                                      DOWNLOAD BACHELORETTES ONLY

Abigail (Planned variants: Slimmer face, black hair)
                                      [​IMG]
                                      Haley
                                      [​IMG]
                                      Leah - Lighter Hair Variant
                                      [​IMG] [​IMG]
                                      Maru
                                      [​IMG] [​IMG]
                                      Penny (Planned variants: Pixie cut)
                                      [​IMG]
                                      Bachelors
                                      DOWNLOAD BACHELORS ONLY

Alex
                                      [​IMG]
                                      Elliott
                                      [​IMG]
                                      Harvey (Planned variants: Bearded, shaved)
                                      [​IMG]
                                      Sam
                                      [​IMG]
                                      Sebastian
                                      [​IMG]

Installation:
                                      1. I recommend backing up the files you are changing. You can just copy the original files to a different folder.
                                      2. Extract the .zip file into your main Stardew Valley directory. They'll be dropped into the correct folder automatically. For steam games, by default this is C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\
                                      3. Select 'yes' for any file overwrite prompts.
                                      Uninstallation:
                                      1. Delete the modified files.
                                      2. Restore your backup.
                                      3. If you didn't backup, you can delete them and tell Steam to "verify the integrity of game cache," but this will probably remove other mods as well.
                                      Changelog
                                      * Minor tweak of Leah Portrait [Mar 6 2016]
                                      * Added Maru [Mar 6 2016]
                                      * Added Blonde variant of Leah, tweaked her blush. [Mar 6 2016]
                                      * Fixed stray pixels in Maru's hospital outfit.[Mar 6 2016]
                                      * Added Penny [Mar 6 2016]
                                      * Added Haley [Mar 6 2016]
                                      * Added Elliott [Mar 7 2016]
                                      * Added Sebastian [Mar 7 2016]
                                      * Added Harvey [Mar 8 2016]
                                      * Fixed missing cigarette from Sebastian's sprite [Mar 8 2016]
                                      * Fixed missing earphones from Harvey's sprite. [Mar 8 2016]
                                      * Added Alex and Sam. [Mar 10 2016]

Read more about this mod...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
                                        Rheatheylia and Elite21 like this.
                                      • Elite21

Elite21 Intergalactic Tourist

This is fantastic! Enhancing the vanila style.