OOC Chaos in the Stars

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Vurrunna, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Recently, the town of Redstar was raided; your character arrived moments later, most likely through bad timing. The question is: Why was he headed to Redstar? I'd assume he was just traveling, but if you have anything specific in mind, I'd like to hear about it.

Your shameless self-promotion is most acceptable; bravo, my friend. But for clarity 'cause I'm a dingus: Alkane's character is named Barnelby Wildfire, with a "Barnes" inbetween the names.

Tatterdemalion and Alkanthe like this.
  2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Yes... I think he was just traveling.

Tatterdemalion likes this.
  3. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

So, Novakid explode when they die, right? When you say "remains of Novakid," do you mean the town is just pockmarked with a whole bunch of glassy craters?

Apathy Applied likes this.
  4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

And twisted brands...

Apathy Applied and zeskorion like this.
  5. Vurrunna

I made sure to look into it before I mentioned the dead Novakids; from what I gather, they explode violently when dying from natural causes, but only leave a twisted brand when killed. I assume that it's because of how Novakid bleed out very quickly, making them lose all of their explosive goodness.

Since it's hard to take a bunch of Obi-Wan-style clothes piles very seriously, let's pretend that they leave small craters about the size of their whole body if they curled up on the ground (approximately 3x3 feet or so), as well as the brand that usually falls inside or near it.

6. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

would the brand not shoot like a projectile if they explode?

7. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Sorry for being so slow with replies, I think I might've taken on too much or maybe I'm just lazy, but I'm having trouble playing as just about any character today. I think I'll sleep on it and respond tomorrow... Probably...

8. Apathy Applied

Apathy Applied Ketchup Robot

Ssh ssh, you're over thinking it.

Alkanthe likes this.
  9. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

I have a scene planned in the future for Substellar Vagary where a Novakid dies and his brand goes flying through the air and embeds itself into a wall right next to another character's head. That's far off, though.

10. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

I just wanna kill a novakid, not in this rp necessarily, and weaponize the brand

Alkanthe likes this.
  11. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

That's so metal bro.

12. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

That might be like beating someone to death with a human femur.

zeskorion likes this.
  13. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

I dont think the brands are metal... If they were they would be pretty damned hot

14. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

That's not what I...

Apathy Applied and zeskorion like this.
  15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Zesko, I don't think you were supposed to pick 3 up without attempting. I know he dealt with it well, but still.

16. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

Well I made a mistake....

17. Vurrunna

I agree. In general, it's better to say that you try something rather than state that you do it; that way you give other people leeway on their decisions. Sometimes they might let you succeed, sometimes they might try otherwise.
    I don't think it's too huge of a deal; it's an easy mistake, and the game generally flows on regardless. Worst case scenario, someone might have to rephrase what they said, but unless Taktik thinks otherwise, you ought to be fine.

Also, we could very likely come into some combat right now, so I'll take a minute to explain how combat would work in the regular Fate system (it's a bit more confusing than the skills, so I might just streamline it a bit):

First off, you have two Stress bars: Physical and Mental (pretty self explanatory). Each of these start off with two boxes, a One and a Two. Having a high enough Physique or Will can give you a Three and even a Four. You also start with Consequences; a Mild, Moderate, and Severe, counting as 2, 4, and 6.

When you are attacked, and the attacker gets a positive, you must distribute his number among your Stress bar or Consequences. For example, if an enemy get a 2, you'll have to fill your Two box, while the One box remains empty. If you have three boxes and the enemy gets a 3, then you can either fill the Three box or both the One and Two boxes.

If an opponent gets a positive that would fill a box that's already full (if they roll a 2 and the Two box is full), then you move to the next highest box. If you have no boxes that can be filled, you can either start taking consequences or be taken out of the fight (this doesn't necessarily mean you die; in general I'll try to dump your guys in a ditch or have them taken prisoner, and I'll warn you if a situation is life or death). Each consequence is worth the numbers I mentioned above.

A consequence is more than just the scrapes and bumps of Stress; it resembles an actual hit. A Mild is pretty small, with maybe a nick or a cut. A Moderate is a bit worse, with maybe a minor hit or a stab. A Severe is pretty serious, and can involve really dangerous hits or even broken bones. If you accept a consequence, I get to choose what it is (to help them seem extra dangerous.

One last note: when in combat, I'll decide initiative via my magical dice rolls. Initiative decides which side gets to act first; once everyone on one side has acted, the other side will go.

Again, it can be a bit confusing; if there are any questions, feel free to ask.

Alkanthe and Tatterdemalion like this.
  18. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

*super ultra mega bump*

zeskorion likes this.
  19. Vurrunna

Whoops, my bad; at first I thought I'd wait for everyone to respond, but then it just slipped my mind. I just posted, but I'm gonna wait on @Miss Alkane before I move on too far.

20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Sorry, I have life to deal with.

No wait, I thought I already replied to the last post you mentioned Barnes in.