OOC Chaos in the Stars

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Vurrunna, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I would suggest that people don't use super bright or super dark colors. So far the only text I had problems with was the black text in the first post. Just try to avoid white, black, and the darker and lighter color boxes. But this is your show, so whatever you say.

zeskorion likes this.
  2. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Because the necessary amount of money needed would be far too difficult to acquire. We are talking about a multi-million dollar equivalent aerospacecraft here. Lucca will most likely be looking for people to help her steal it back. As for the faction that holds it, didn't you want to choose who it was?
    Is the statement you made, which I agreed with.

zeskorion likes this.
  3. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Hm... Alright, how about this: while in the USCM controlled city of Hope, making a quick and easy pitstop, there were some... Complications. Turns out that Willy Gaffigan's got a grudge on you after you lost his precious cargo of ancient Avian artifacts, and his lawyers had finally caught up to you. Luckily, you were able to pull a few strings with a local contact to avoid a eternal enslavement to the vile creature, but they did place an insane fee for if you wish to re-aquire the Maverick, with the threat of straight up scrapping it if you don't cough up the dough soon enough, followed by your summary execution.

How's that peachy situation?

4. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Lovely.

Tatterdemalion likes this.
  5. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Sounds like a party.

Alkanthe likes this.
  6. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

So, how we doing guys?

7. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Still alive over here.

8. Apathy Applied

Apathy Applied Ketchup Robot

I will have my character sheet done soon. That was more of a note to Vurrunna than anything else.

Alkanthe likes this.
  9. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Yeah, @Vurrunna you wanna give us a bit of a kickstart.

10. Vurrunna

Sure thing; just let me recollect my thoughts briefly from a few days away from the story...

Tatterdemalion and Alkanthe like this.
  11. Vurrunna

We're coming up on a good time to start using the skills a bit.

Each of your skills is worth a specific value, with one, high-level skill being a four, the next two down being three, the next three being two, and the last four being one. Whenever a task related to a skill comes up, I will be refer to your skills. If it's a simple task that only takes the proper knowledge (say, driving a car), then you'll only need the proper amount of experience compared to how complicated it is.

If it's a task where circumstances or opposing forces could complicate things further (driving a car in a storm with a tank chasing after you and a raccoon latched to your face, for example), then I might do a special thing where I roll some dice and add difficulty stuff.

Basically, I roll four dice that have three equally-possible outcomes; plus, minus, or blank. A plus will mean you do better, a minus means there's some extra complication. A full explanation can be found be reading up on the Fate RPG, but for simplicity's sake, I'll just post the results of the dice combined with your skill level and tell you how well- or poorly- you did.

Quick example: Stock-Character-Five has four (Very Trained) in, say, Fighting; Stock-Bandit-Two has a two (Storta Trained) in some kind of defensive skill (it varies depending on situation). In a perfect world, SCF beats SBT any day. But since they both are actual people, we roll dice! SCF has a bad day and rolls four minuses. All together, that's a negative two; failure. Alternatively, let's say he rolls a plus; that's a positive three, meaning he deals some good damage.

TL;DR When you do stuff, I might roll up a magical number that helps or hinders you, when the situation warrants.

Rgbunpro, Apathy Applied and Alkanthe like this.
  12. Apathy Applied

Apathy Applied Ketchup Robot

Reminisces DnD days...

Vurrunna, zeskorion and Alkanthe like this.
  13. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

*Remembers what little DnD experience he had, then dry heaves into a bucket.*
    What comes to mind for me is either Whitewolf or Shadowrun.

Vurrunna and Apathy Applied like this.
  14. Vurrunna

Just so my shorthand isn't too confusing, here's how the things in brackets work:

Charater Name: Who's performing the action.
    Skill Name: The number here represents the character's skill in something. Simple enough.
    Difficulty: This is how difficult the task is; also simple enough. This includes the base difficulty as well as anything that would make the task more difficult.
    Bonus: This is provided from anything that would reasonably help the character, such as appropriate gear.
    Roll: This is the value I roll up on my end, via the Fate system's dice mechanics.
    Net: This is the overall value after everything is combined; a positive is a success, while a zero or negative is a failure.

Alkanthe and Tatterdemalion like this.
  15. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Holy jingle jangles! I was gone for a few hours and two new pages popped up! I'm glad to see the RP being active.

Vurrunna likes this.
  16. Vurrunna

@Miss Alkane I plan to introduce your character to the story now; are you ready?

17. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Bring it on!

zeskorion likes this.
  18. Vurrunna

Okie-doke, you've officially been mentioned; I'd appreciate if you could explain your character's reason in Redstar, if you can.

19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Where? I'm kinda trying to protect him from a crazy Wilfrey on Skype right now....

zeskorion likes this.
  20. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

Did somebody say Barnes?

Shameless self-promotion yay.