OOC Chaos in the Stars

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Vurrunna, Dec 22, 2015.

1. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

Alright, I made a few edits.

2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Apathy's been busy. I'm almost done. But. I might be delayed.

3. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Here, I did some editing of some stuff, lemme know what you think boss.
    NAME: Tetra Elizabeth Quasar
    RACE: Novakid
    PROFESSION: Behavioral Scientist, answers communicators for a living
    SIZE: Not particularly tall or short, just kinda average.
    DESCRIPTION:
    Tetra.PNG

BACKGROUND : She grew up being very curious about why people do what they do. After she began to study these things, other Novakid started to shun her as they turned to banditry and smuggling. However, there was one particular bandit who took a liking to her, and by that I mean decided he fancied her despite the fact that she continually denied his advances. Even so, he has sworn to protect her with his life, poor sap.

The only other exception to this rule was her brother who had also taken an interest in the collection of knowledge, but rather than study a specific aspect, he wanted to know all he could and so set off to explore and study the universe. At one point, a group of apex scientists arrived on her planet, hoping to form some alliance with a few of the local bandit gangs, she approached them and asked many questions wanting to know more about their behavior for her research, the scientists were impressed by this.

There was also one time where she was brought along to a floran planet when they had to fix the communications relay there, She spent a good deal of time asking some very…personal questions to the chief(she believed florans were much more open about that sort of thing, turns out they aren’t as open as she thought.) This angered the chief and she only made it out alive because her associates managed to calm the florans down. After a disagreement with her boss at the call center, she was sent (More like exiled really) to Death to get her out of their hair. She Is currently headed to Redstar looking for work.

Additional:
    BELONGINGS: Has a holobook where she keeps her notes on behavior and her books to study up on them. Carries a basic six-shooter for self-defense, along with a few basic medical supplies.

POSITIVE RELATION: There was a particular group of Apex scientists that visited her homeworld once. They were quite impressed with her science skills, especially given the fact that Novakid aren’t known for their concentration or focus. There’s also a particular group of bandits known as the Blue Suns whose leader fancies her, though she doesn’t like him much. She has a brother who she gets along with, he left some time ago however and is out wandering the galaxy somewhere. An old Glitch named Rustbucket that their family took in when she was little, she treats him like an uncle.

NEGATIVE RELATION: Most Novakid know about her and don’t like her because she’s into peace and not robbing people, they’d rather make a profit than listen to her. She angered a tribe of Florans called the Darkthorns when she asked too many prodding questions to their leader. Her old boss, a hylotl named Sanjoe, got into a fight with her, which was the catalyst event that ended in her being sent to Death.

ET CETERA: It’s not easy for her to study behavioral patterns, what with being constantly distracted. It can take her much more time to get something done that is basic to most scientists, however she has a laser-like focus on things she really wants to study. She is smart and shy and a little girlish, but she doesn’t like clingy people. She wants to eventually stop the war and hope that people can get along with each other, which is going to be a lot of work.

Skills
    Very Trained:
    Rapport

Trained:
    Lore (behavioral science), Will

Sorta Trained:
    Shoot, Fight, Investigate

Minor Experience:
    Athletics, Burglary, Crafts, Physique

4. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

5. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Alright; I think you're character sheets are good now. I'll add 'em to the first page!

Waiting for me to confirm your character, or do you need me for something else?

6. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

Alright, thanks.

7. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

How many chars to start?

8. Vurrunna

I'll be keeping a one-character-per-player rule up for as long as we have seven players; mind you I haven't ever really handled this many players at once, and throwing on a few more characters will probably get hectic.

Also, a notice for everyone (@Apathy Applied @Miss Alkane @zeskorion @TΔktik @Rgbunpro @Roland Weiss @Tatterdemalion ): I plan to be starting the game in a few days. If you're not ready by then, you can casually slip in as the game begins (the first 'introductions' scene might last for a bit, and the following scene will be very easy to appear in).

Tatterdemalion, Rgbunpro and Alkanthe like this.
  9. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

It might be best to start with fewer, and add the last few in later. That might make it a bit easier on you, right?

10. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

Sorry, i meant how many players, not characters. I was tired

Alkanthe likes this.
  11. Vurrunna

Alright, so: the plan is to start relatively soon, possibly tonight if I get the chance, or tomorrow evening if I need some more time to get my thoughts and plans together. Anyone who isn't ready yet can wait and watch for a bit; anyone who doesn't have their character step up and take part of the introduction scene (it's going to be a basic dialogue with an NPC) might have to wait a bit to join in. If this happens, then whoever still needs to join can talk to me about when to introduce their character--there should be a few opportunities in the scene following the introduction.

Some stuff to remember: all of your characters will have at least some experience with one another. If you wish, you can work together to create past adventures (keep it simple, if you can) or mention how your character acts around another character. Your characters should also be relatively friendly with one another--while characters might tease or admonish one another over points they disagree on, they should still be able to work together. Lastly, you guys should probably be warned that I like to get descriptive, sometimes explaining a situation from another character's eyes; while you don't need to get overly detailed yourselves, I think it does help make characters feel alive, as does explaining what goes on in their head.

Alkanthe, TΔktik and Apathy Applied like this.
  12. Vurrunna

TΔktik, Apathy Applied and Alkanthe like this.
  13. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

Are we walking alongside the wagon, or riding within?

14. Vurrunna

Whichever you prefer; someone's already riding shotgun, so you'd either be walking or riding with the cargo (being in the front, Blue's wagon probably isn't as jam-packed, and could fit a grumpy medic or two).

Alkanthe and Tatterdemalion like this.
  15. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Sorry for hopping in late there, school started for me yesterday, I was a little busy.

zeskorion likes this.
  16. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

... Ok, I have a new pet peeve now; could people stop using text colours that become invisible with either black or white backgrounds? I've been using the new 'light' forum style because some people use black to return to a neutral colour after using character specific speech colour, as opposed to picking 'no colour' which switches back to the forum style's default.

17. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

0same problem with that here, mate. My solution is to highlight the black text

18. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

I changed Reynolds' colour to this red. Does that work for you?

19. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

I apologize for my outburst, my main quarrel was with white text. Orange was no real problem; if it was pale yellow that might've been a point of contention.

Edit: Also, GM person, have decided on what the current state of the Maverick might be? It might come up in conversation and it would be nice to have an answer in that respect.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    zeskorion likes this.
  20. Vurrunna

Sheesh, I go to school for a day, and your guys fill almost two pages!

For the color issue: Sorry 'bout that on my end. I forgot that people can still (and might prefer to) use the old layout, which has a dark background where the current version is light. It seems that the easiest solution is to just not color speech. Sorry for any inconvenience on either end!

For the Maverick: The simplest route is that a job went wrong a few towns back, and you've been hitching around looking to find pay or help to get it back. The people that took it and the faction holding the town are up to you (they'd need to allow all races in their city); the Maverick itself is probably in relative safety for now.

Alkanthe and Apathy Applied like this.