Digital Centor111's ART

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by centor111, Mar 2, 2013.

1. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

I'm not very good but this is my art thread, taking a few requests
    [​IMG]

Toumato, Jonesy, caskett and 2 others like this.
    • Mopy

Mopy Cosmic Narwhal

First of all, we all have to start somewhere, and we get better and better as time goes on! Secondly, this evokes a very peaceful feeling when I look at it, and that is exactly how I feel about Stardew Valley, so good job there! You have a very painterly feeling, and I think that's great, but remember things closer to the frame will appear larger and sharper than things in the background. I think if you touched it up a bit, it would be really wonderful! :)

centor111 likes this.
      • centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

thankyou for your help I will try to edit it but the program is a little stubborn.

• Mopy

Mopy Cosmic Narwhal

What program are you using btw?

• centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

for that: SketchBookCopicEdition

• caskett

caskett Pangalactic Porcupine

That is honestly better than anything I could do, it's really good :up:

• Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

Touching up isn't elaborated enough. What is touching up? Finishing the piece of? I like the art, but I advise you to change the nearest rock, get the black outline away and remove that unnecessary finger-like rock next to it. Overall, it's quite good, for a start to develop upon.

• Mopy

Mopy Cosmic Narwhal

Wow, well I suppose what I meant by that is continue to work hard and I'm sure you'll see improvement. I wasn't going for an in-depth critique (which i'm perfectly capable of) mainly because I wasn't sure if the artist was looking for such a critique. I suppose I could ask what "changing the nearest rock" means. How should he change it? Honestly, I'm not sure what the point is of critiquing my response to someone else's art. I will provide very in-depth feedback when and if I think the artist is looking for it. I chose to go the encouragement route and point out the things that I found successful. In any case, I do think the art has a lot of potential, and should the artist want a very detailed response on exactly how to improve that piece I would be more than happy to provide it. :)

Shock likes this.
                  • centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

yea I noticed the problem with the rock... the edge is far too sharp

• Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

I mean Mopy, you're nice, I'm stating a fact so centor can understand what to work on. You probably can give critique and such since you are a talented pixel artist. And that is all. As for my depth on changing that rock, I said to get the black outline away and remove the unnecessary finger-like rock next to it. :)

Good work centor, it's looking great.

Mopy likes this.
                      • caskett

Yeah, you should edit that first rock a bit but I really like the moss on the rocks :megusta:

• Mopy

Mopy Cosmic Narwhal

My apologies good sir, my interpretation was completely off the mark, I should have known better since this community is amazing. ;) Also, is that copic edition program software for a computer or an app?

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Yeah, that's not that bad, I like it.

• centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

Ok i decided to post my draft of another mountain by the sea(coincidental I have a roulette and i draw whatever I pick out). it didn't turn out how I wanted so I need some help with critique on it. I am aware of the MAJOR perspective Issue so don't spam that unless it is constructive. Constructive criticism only : Islands 2 .jpg

Jonesy likes this.
                              • caskett

Kewl! One of the problems in my mind is the black lines.

• centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

Yea I drew them when I was outlining the shape and I forgot to do them in a more sandstony colour. I'll fix that easily. Thanks for the help

caskett likes this.
                                  • caskett

Everything else looks great!

• Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Awesome. Keep it up. :up: