Captain's Log (Episode 1 out NOW!) (A Cinematic Series)

Discussion in 'Videos' started by ZallCaTor, Dec 18, 2014.

?

Are you excited?

Poll closed May 5, 2015.
  1. Heck Yeah!

86.5%
  2. Boo, No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Meh...

13.5%
  1. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

That's alright, it's going to get used either way. I'm making the ships as decorative objects for Madtulip's Ship mod. I already have the Avian, Human, Glitch, & Hylotl ones done.

2. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

Which one was the hardest until now?

3. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

The Novakid ship, which I'm working on now, has probably given me the biggest challenge. How I approach the ships, is I fill the interior in with a basic texture, then add windows/the exit door, and finally, draw in extra details after that, to make the whole thing come together.

Thing is, the longest part of the process is making the extra details. Windows and door are layed out pretty much the same way on every ship, for consistency and continuity, and making a fill texture is pretty easy, but for example, with the Novakid ship, the fun part is coming up with all the little details that make it really look like a functioning ship.

Here's a (watermarked so no-one can steal it and add it to their own mod) picture of the Hylotl ship. It's a pretty sleek and simple design, but I like how it turned out.
    ship_hylotl watermk.png

4. Nibolas O Anelbozas

I see, as an artist (again, sorry for this word, i'm not professional, i just draw things) i understand what you say, the details make the whole thing. Also good work! impressive i must say

5. ZallCaTor

ZallCaTor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, well look at that. Very nice job. Nice use of the landing gear sources. Never thought about the outer door.
    I've already made the scene, but when I need a shot of multiple ships again with outer hulls I'll be sure to let you know. ;)

6. ZallCaTor

For proof of work, here's a snapshot of it. This photo was actually taken like 1/2 months ago, so, yeah, just fyi.

This looks way more complicated than it is.
    [​IMG]

7. Nibolas O Anelbozas

What am i supposed to do during two months of waiting?
    It looks like a chipboard, insane!

8. ZallCaTor

I'm very much about detail, so lots of sounds, atmospherics, cinematography, graphics, etc... lots.

9. Nibolas O Anelbozas

But the result is a great thing so is worthy

10. ZallCaTor

That's the plan. :badpokerface:

11. ZallCaTor

Check out this art of Jude from "Captain's Log" by Nibolas!
    [​IMG]

12. ZallCaTor

Currently working on getting the famous YouTube star StampyCat to voice Soy in episode 3! Wish me luck, though I don't think he'll accept until he see's what the first two episodes are like, so I might wait, but I am "getting my foot in the door," so to speak.

Captain Karo likes this.
  13. Nibolas O Anelbozas

i'm sending good vibes! :DD

ZallCaTor likes this.
  14. Marth5543

Marth5543 Void-Bound Voyager

I can't wait for this to come out! i hope you can possible get some more support for the show and a bigger cast. Either way, it looks amazing

Edit: just watched the clip. I am TOTALLY HYPED for this! :D

15. ZallCaTor

Heh, yeah, a cast at all would be nice. At the moment the cast consists of me. Untill I can organize that sort of thing it's gonna stay that way.

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  16. ZallCaTor

I know I haven't updated in a while. Jut letting you guys know I'm still on top of production, though it went to a standstill last week as I was attending all day certification classes (literally, all day) so, yeah. Thanks for your patients. Remember, May 1st.

LC98 and Nibolas O Anelbozas like this.
  17. ZallCaTor

I haven't gotten allot of time to record parts of the show lately, I'm thinking of looking for someone else to voice this one character for a scene. This actually might be a good idea, especially since it will cut down greatly on my workload, as well as speed up the production process of the episode. I already have two people who offered to voice parts, so I'll look to them first, but feel free to offer your services. I have money if that's what you want, and appropriate credit will be provided, of course. However, I haven't gotten the script fully developed yet. I've been locked up a bit lately, 'specially since I have college classes as well as graduation this May. Again, upload date remains May 1st.

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  18. Nibolas O Anelbozas

I'm not qualified for the job, but i hope you find someone who fits in!

19. ZallCaTor

Most anyone will fit the bill. I just need someone to voice a dying guy. (I know, great right?) Just needs to speak in short, quiet, effortful segments. No coughing, as most people have a hard time pulling off fake coughing and pain without sounding awkwardly bad...
    So basically, quiet and breathy, as if all energy is gone, and life at an end, but also urgent, a foul monster approaches from the deepest depths of the earth.
    (spoooOOOooookyyyy...)

20. Nibolas O Anelbozas

I'm foreign and i bet i have a strong accent! my voice is a bit of rough, but i have rhinitis so my voice is a bit nasal