1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Can't visit the night market

Discussion in 'Support' started by RPGAngel, Sep 1, 2018.

1. RPGAngel

RPGAngel Phantasmal Quasar

Every time I try to enter the night market after it has opened my game crashes. If I have it running through smapi, it freezes instead of crashing and closing and smapi is stuck acting like it's trying to load a line. If I load it without smapi it does the freeze/stop working/close down thing. I have no idea why it's doing this. I've been able to do the night market just fine in the past. I don't think this character has been there though as this is a save that was created before the market existed, though it's been fine with everything else that is new. I am about to go into year 3 on it. I will post the error logs for both with and without smapi running. I will also put my save here if that will help. I really hope this can be fixed as I need the 3 fish from the market to finish my fish collection and get the achievment for that.

Attached Files:

• RPGAngel

Wanted to add some information. I just tried visiting the night market on a brand new save(made just a day or 2 ago). I did that by using a save editor to make it winter day 15(after backing it up). Same thing happened. This tells me it's not the saves themselves but something else. And since I had also tried without mods as much as I could(at least the mods folder, though that left the XMBs I had changed), I have to wonder if it's something wrong with the game itself. Due to my limited internet issue I'm having at the moment I can't try uninstalling/reinstalling it see if that will fix it so I really don't know what I can do aside from just skipping the night market for now(things are fine as long as I don't visit the beach when it's open).

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

I was able to enter the night market with your save without crashing. Your error logs say a sound file is not in the correct format, so I would guess it's the night market music. Reinstalling the game is the only way to fix it. If you use Steam, you can verify integrity of files, if you use GOG, consider downloading the installer without GOG Galaxy, that way you can fix problems without internet access. So sorry!

• RPGAngel

I don't know what GOG is, sorry. so the only way I have is through Steam and verifying the files. So I guess I'm stuck until I get full internet access again...sigh...oh well. Thanks for helping me anyway. I would try the verify thing but am afraid the redownload would be too big and not work and then I'd not be able to play at all. At least right now I can still play everything except that part. I'll just play a different save and wait until I can fix it to go back to that one so it stays on that date so I don't miss the market. And of course skip the market on the other save as well if I get to winter before being able to fix it.

margotbean likes this.
          • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

Make a copy of the entire game folder, name it something other than "Stardew Valley" (like, say, "Stardew Valley Backup"), then let Steam do its thing. If it fails, you can always play from the backup folder. ;)

• RPGAngel

That is a good idea, thanks. That way I can try, if it's just one file that needs replacing, it might work. And if not, like you said I would have the backup to put back and play.

Edit: Well I tried the validating and it wouldn't work. For some reason it gets stuck and won't even start, just stays at 0%. Oh well, I'll just have to wait for now and play my new save(so I can keep the main one at the right time for after fixing things) and stay away from the night market on all saves for the time being.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018