1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Can't place museum reward furniture in house [PS4]

Discussion in 'Support' started by BedaBug, Dec 16, 2016.

1. BedaBug

BedaBug Void-Bound Voyager

As it says in the title, I got two museum rewards, the Chicken Statue and the Standing Geode, and neither can be placed in my house. I see the item on the green square but it won't be placed. I can move and place other furniture without issue (both purchased furniture and the starter furniture). I've tried sleeping and closing the game entirely hoping the issue would fix itself with no luck.

Restarting my PS4 seemed to have fixed the problem entirely.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    • Fraeyalise

Fraeyalise Void-Bound Voyager

I'm sorry to necro this thread but I'm having the same issue on PC and restarting (both the game and my computer) did not fix it.

In my case, I cannot place the Standing Geode or the Obsidian Vase. I haven't gotten the chicken statue reward yet so I can't test that one. Other museum rewards seem to work just fine. I have the Singing Geode one (the one that looks like a large light green/mint crystal and makes a noise when you right-click it, I can't think of the name), and I was able to place that one just fine. I'm in Fall Year 1.

I have the following mods active:
      SMAPI
      Content Patcher
      NPC Map Locations
      Babies Take After Spouse Plus New Toddler Hair and Clothes
      Artifact System Fixed
      Kisekae
      Elle's Seasonal Buildings (CP)
      Elle's Critter and Butterfly Replacements (CP)
      Elle's Grass Replacement (CP)
      Elle's Dirt and Cliff Recolor (CP)
      Elle's Kitchen Replacement (CP)
      Elle's New Barn Animals (CP)
      Elle's New Coop Animals (CP)
      Elle's New Horses (CP)

I'm not sure what else to try. I'm thinking maybe the Artifact System mod might be messing with it, but since the OP had this problem and they were playing on PS4 I wonder if it's an intermittent bug in the vanilla game. I did not have this problem on any previous saves, and all of those were vanilla. When I installed the mods above, I started a new file. I haven't loaded the old files with mods active.

Any insight is appreciated!