Modding Help Can't load into multiplayer game, smapi error log help please

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Dauf, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Dauf

Dauf Space Hobo

Hello Stardew Valley Modding Community,

Love this game and all the wonderful mods the community has to offer. I have been playing for about 20 hours now in a multiplayer game (I am the 2nd player) with my wife and cannot load into the game this morning. I get an error in the game upon trying to load my multiplayer character as follows in SMAPI 3.0.0.

Code:
    [11:12:19 ERROR game] An error occured in the base update loop: System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at JsonAssets.Overrides.ObjectDisplayNameHook.Prefix(Object __instance, String& __result) in G:\StardewValley\Mods_1.4\JsonAssets\Overrides\Object.cs:line 80
       at loadDisplayName_Patch1(Object )
       at StardewValley.Object.get_DisplayName() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Objects\Object.cs:line 266
       at Write42_Object_Patch2(Object n, String ns, String o, Object isNullable, Boolean needType, Boolean )
       at Write43_Item_Patch2(Object n, String ns, String o, Item isNullable, Boolean needType, Boolean )
       at Write74_Farmer_Patch2(Object n, String ns, String o, Farmer isNullable, Boolean needType, Boolean )
       at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationWriterFarmer.Write75_Farmer(Object o)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
       at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(Stream stream, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces)
       at Netcode.NetRefBase`2.serialize(BinaryWriter writer, XmlSerializer serializer) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Netcode\NetRef.cs:line 93
       at Netcode.NetRefBase`2.WriteFull(BinaryWriter writer) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Netcode\NetRef.cs:line 234
       at Netcode.NetRoot`1.CreateConnectionPacket(BinaryWriter writer, Nullable`1 connection) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Netcode\NetRoot.cs:line 113
       at StardewValley.Multiplayer.writeObjectFullBytes[T](NetRoot`1 root, Nullable`1 peer) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\Multiplayer.cs:line 627
       at StardewValley.Network.Client.sendPlayerIntroduction() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Network\Client.cs:line 178
       at StardewValley.Menus.FarmhandMenu.FarmhandSlot.Activate() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\FarmhandMenu.cs:line 33
       at StardewValley.Menus.LoadGameMenu.update(GameTime time) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\LoadGameMenu.cs:line 1141
       at StardewValley.Menus.FarmhandMenu.update(GameTime time) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\FarmhandMenu.cs:line 190
       at StardewValley.Menus.TitleMenu.update(GameTime time) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\TitleMenu.cs:line 1242
       at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4069
       at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3599
       at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\0\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2875
       at Update_Patch1(Object gameTime, GameTime )
    If anyone on the forums can help me out that would be great. Full log is available here. https://pastebin.com/YvZHQyzB (log.smapi.io keeps timing out and is unable to create a parse of my logs).

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@Dauf Smapi.io is being updated to handle the higher load it's been getting and will be back soon. The pastebin isn't easy to read, but from looking at what you posted above, I would say start by updating Json Assets. Also, make sure that you and your wife have exactly the same mods when playing multi.

• Dauf

Dauf Space Hobo

@Moragaine Thanks for the help with this issue. JsonAssets has been updated to the latest version 1.5.1 on both computers. Additionally, my wife and I are running the exact same mods on both computers, but only I am getting this error. Not sure what happened. I'll try to post the parsed log using the log.smapi.io log parser once the site has been updated. Thanks again.

Moragaine likes this.
        • Dauf

Dauf Space Hobo

• Dauf

Dauf Space Hobo

Same error occurred ~17 hours into my second character on the same multiplayer file. All mods are the same on both machines. Log parse for analysis. https://smapi.io/log/G5kTcZ6u Looks like there is the same game error that occurred with the last character.

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

@Dauf This seems to be a bug in JsonAssets (or at least related to it). The error happens in JsonAsset code. You should ask on the mod page for help or report this as a bug.

I think your problem has to do with an item on your character that is missing information. (This might have something to do with a change in stardew 1.4 that added the "DisplayName" field for objects.)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
            • Dauf

Dauf Space Hobo

@jahangmar Thank you for the response and suggestion on what to do. I've reported the issue to the mod page on nexus mods. Thanks again!