1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

cant find starting planet

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Crimson_Flame, May 16, 2020.

1. Crimson_Flame

Crimson_Flame Space Hobo

i was able to find the coordinates for it but when i put them in and travel to the system the only forest there doesn't have any signs of travel for example there is a mountain to the left that isnt possible to get up without blocks but there arent any blocks plus the the right is an abandoned apex lab

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Moved to Starbound Discussions.

Are you sure it's the exact same planet in the same universe? If you played multiplayer before on a server or someone was hosting then the planet is not preset in your universe.
    If the target location for beaming down was obstructed, it might be possible that the game relocated the target location for beaming down.

3. Crimson_Flame

Crimson_Flame Space Hobo

i did do the first couple of planets coop but i was still the host and i have returned to the planet without anyone else

i just explored all of the surface of the planet and it isnt the starting planet since there isnt even a gateway

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2020
  4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Starter planets are always a lush planet and not forest planets.

5. AccountPrivacy

AccountPrivacy Pangalactic Porcupine

Years ago on older builds we had this bug where we lost few planets and most of them were the starting planets. I always wrote down codes for the planets and one day when I wanted to visit it again with my friends where we all started and built our first base the planet was reset. Not a single detail on it to hint it that this is the same planet. At first I thought must be my mistake but then double checked codes, screenshots and videos nope the planet was reset. It was kinda nostalgia to go back and see our crappy first builds and shits and giggles but a scary thought to know that this might happen to some of our more important planets but nope it didn't happen. At least so far. Even tho I did manage to mess up one favorite planet with admin codes but that is a different story. So yeah if you can't find it chances are it got replaced or reset. Seems like a old bug and not sure what could trigger it. This game is full of code holes anything is possible. Seen all sorts of weirdness in it so I can belive whatever someone says, nothing can surprise me anymore.