1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help cant connect

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by wolfgirl1842, Dec 4, 2013.

1. wolfgirl1842

wolfgirl1842 Aquatic Astronaut

ok my problem is no one can connect did port forward no problems with fire walls just cant connect with my normal ip can only connect with local

router: netgear wireless (dont know model)
    firewall: windows

i do host other games so its not like i have not done this whole thing a few times

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  2. Layl

Layl Aquatic Astronaut

I need support on this as well, no one can connect through my public IP address. No changes to the config files. I can connect myself using 127.0.0.1 but nothing else.

3. Kehlian

Kehlian Void-Bound Voyager

I have the same problem, could anyone give a solution ? :x

4. Syntax42

Syntax42 Pangalactic Porcupine

More details are needed, like what operating system, your firewall, and network configuration.

5. wolfgirl1842

i edited the original

6. Bribz

Bribz Yeah, You!

Go through the port forwarding process again. Make sure the ports are forwarded to the right internal ip.
    Check to see if you have forwarded the ports for both TCP and UDP connection.
    if all else fails, try temporarily disabling the firewall.

7. wolfgirl1842

checked and have tryed turning off the fire wall that didnt work as i said iv done this alot so all the normal trouble shooting has been done

8. Layl

Layl Aquatic Astronaut

Update on my situation: I changed the port to 27015 and forwarded that exactly the same way, worked like a charm.

9. wolfgirl1842

how

10. Headzup

Headzup Space Spelunker

This is not a problem with Starbound. Make sure that you have port 21025 open... When it don't work now, then you have to read your Router-, Firewall-, Anti-Virus manual.

11. wolfgirl1842

yes it is open as i put before i have done this many times with many dif games over a long period of time its this game specifically that will not work just as an example i have terraria and minecraft i also have to do this for alot of rts games such as civ 5, warcraft 3, dawn of war40k ect... needless to say iv tryed alot of normal routs and checked all my info and fire walls to make sure

12. Layl

Layl Aquatic Astronaut

Check in assets/default_configuration.config to change your port