can you donate a game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by itameio, Jul 6, 2016.

1. benevapwnz

benevapwnz Void-Bound Voyager

That sucks... If I had spare money right now I totally would give you a copy, it just seems like too much work to get the original game, and like, you don't even really NEED to do it anyway.
    So I really hope some good soul can donate it to you!

itameio likes this.
    • Red_Rose

Red_Rose Phantasmal Quasar

Humm? Are you the same guy who was asking for the game on Steam? I think your story sounds too familiar I would say save up your money go to the local bank and get a credit card and buy it.

• Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Were you listening to the Dude's story, Donny? OP said a credit card isn't possible at the moment, thus why they're looking into alternative means of obtaining a legitimate copy.

And people have been known to have a presence across more than one platform, so it's not that much of a stretch. It wouldn't be the first time this same issue has cropped up, either.

• itameio

itameio Space Spelunker

@Red_Rose no. i'm not the same guy, @Jonesy and yes, i can't get a credit card right now, i asked someone, they were available last year but not this one.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I had the same problem. Everything these days seems to require Paypal and I do not own, and will never own, a credit card. Only a regular debit card. What I learned though, is you can charge money into your Steam account by using prepaid cards (I use Paysafe card myself). Basically you go to a store, give them 10€ and they give you a ticket with a code worth 10€ and you can use that the same way you use Paypal but without the need to have a credit card.

As for the rules concerning piracy:
            I have said on these forums a number of times that I had a pirated version of SV before I found out it was a Steam game and never had a problem with it.
            The OP wasn't linking any illegal download sources or encouraging anyone else to get a pirate copy, in fact, they're trying to get a legit copy of their own, so I personally think this thread is okay (although not very discrete, as someone mentioned).

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
            • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Steam accepts debit cards. I know this because that'd how I paid for this (and other) games on Steam. Does the OP have a debit card? Just need the 16 digit number on the front, an expiration date, and (maybe, I don't remember) the 3 digit code on the back - all of which my debit card has.

• Locomotion

Locomotion Void-Bound Voyager

Can't you get a pre paid credit card? Here you buy at supermarkets for +- U$2,00...