1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Can just play 32bit version and mod-less

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Mêlfyrioe, May 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mêlfyrioe

Mêlfyrioe Space Spelunker

First of all I play Starbound through Steam.

A few days ago Starbound starts to show me a message when I want to play it, saying following:
    Steam could not synchronize your files for Starbound with SteamCloud and when I continue I will lost the files. But I have never played Starbound somewhere else. Just on my PC. So I didn´t thought about it and Start the game without any other Problems.

I installed a few Mods and they all worked perfectly. A few from Steam, a few form here. No Problems.

Yesterday when I started Starbound it crashed. The Fish appeared, and then black. So I tried it again with the same result. I started my Steam again. Same result. I started my PC again. Same result. There also appeared a message everytime it crashed, but I don´t understand what its saying:

[​IMG]

Then I tried to run Starbound via files. I get in the folder where Steam is installed, steamapps, common, Starbound, win64 and then I tried to start .exe. It worked, but just the 32bit version and all my mods where gone.
    So I tried it with my Backups; it worked for Steam but it is still the 32 bit, mod-less version.
    I also uninstalled Starbound and installed it again, but nothing changed.
    Oh, and I also uninstalled every mod on Steam and in the mod file, I thought maybe the Problem is an defect Mod..

So in short the Problem is:
    • I can just play the 32bit version
    • and mods are not working anymore
    I never had any Problems with Steam or Starbound befor, so I beg you for some help, please. I love Starbound. :'(

2. Mêlfyrioe

Mêlfyrioe Space Spelunker

Hurray I fixed it!!! Q7Q

For everybody who had the same problem: I guess it was a defect Mod, but I dont know which one.

Solution:
    Steam - steamapps - common - Starbound - storage
    Copy the Player and Universe folder and save them somewhere else in a Backup folder
    Delete everything from storage
    Copy and paste the Player and Universe folder from your Backup folder to the storage folder
    For me it worked; I can play the 64bit again and my mods are working *-*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.