Bushes around the farm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimmturd, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Grimmturd

Grimmturd Cosmic Narwhal

Are they movable/destructible at some point? I was looking for some nice layouts for the forest farm map and came upon one that was aesthetically pleasing, a variety of buildings, room for personal adjustments and not min/max-focused for profits. But the bushes that came with the farm don't seem to exist within the example and it makes me wonder if it was a map that was just a concept before official release or if there was another way to do something about the bushes.
    SDVForestFarmLayout.png

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

The main bushes that are in the way are choppable with a copper axe upgrade, though the image you show is missing all of the ones which are normally fixed. There are fixed bushes around the stump areas and along the upper edge of the map, but the ones in the area of the slime hutch, around the lower right pond, and under the tapped trees on the upper right are all removable. My guess is that image was either created on a customized map, or the program used to render the image doesn't properly display the bushes. From what I can tell the bushes that are choppable and the ones that aren't are just the same, except for a data bit that marks some as removable.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
        Grimmturd likes this.
      • bangbingbung

bangbingbung Void-Bound Voyager

where to see update 2.2mb today??do u know dude??

• Grimmturd

Grimmturd Cosmic Narwhal

I think I tried chopping a fixed bush long ago and just resigned myself to not being able to remove them not realizing that some were choppable. Thanks for clearing that up.
          I had wondered why a lot of the space in the picture was used for 2-wide pathways.. until I got a horse. I now see the point in all the vertical ones, at least. The area where the 2 barns are close to the forested area would be great if there weren't fixed bushes there, which are unseen in this image. A single player can fit through, but not on horseback.

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I don't know what you're trying to say?
            I would just build the top left corner of the fence one or two tiles lower and have it butt up to the side of the barn rather than the corner. Maybe? :D
            Either way, the layout is doable with an upgraded axe and chopping the bushes that will allow it.
            ForestFarm.jpg

• Grimmturd

Grimmturd Cosmic Narwhal

I'm not intending to copy the original image to each tile, already have quite a few deviations, but the overall balanced layout is appealing as a scaffold of sorts. It's a bummer about the bushes, tho. To discover that some are choppable, yet not all the ones you want to chop.