1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.2.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stovepipes, Oct 29, 2014.

1. ROFLgary

ROFLgary Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]
    I don't know if this is exactly a bug or not. But unknown monster in the nemesis place?
    [​IMG]
    That's the sprite without the background and larger. Any ideas?

• WaldenCervus

WaldenCervus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

First level, "Dried Lake", found a bit of floor that had collisions disabled, causing players and enemies to fall right through it. Due to its position, you can't get to the other side if you don't already have certain movement-boosting items like the Feather.
      Risk of Rain bug floor no collision.jpg

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

I did a quick google search, and found that someone else found another unknown monster that could appear there.
        http://steamcommunity.com/app/248820/discussions/0/613940477818845531/
        Really strange.

• roaldhoffmann

roaldhoffmann Aquatic Astronaut

I don't believe Repulsion Armor is supposed to make you invulnerable. When it activates, it is supposed to drastically reduce but not entirely negate incoming damage: http://riskofrain.wikia.com/wiki/Repulsion_Armor

• ShadowlessWanderer

ShadowlessWanderer Pangalactic Porcupine

Correct. It makes you NEAR invincible, but you can still get your ass handed to you. There's only a few items in the game that can make you truely invincible and those are Unstable Watch (because nothing can hit you or move) and Shield generator.

• WingofTech

WingofTech Big Damn Hero

And now I tried again. Beat the game, it CRASHED and I lost the Engineer, Loader, Sniper, and Han-D that I was going to unlock also lost all of the item lores and artifact too. I want to tear the game apart right now.[DOUBLEPOST=1415651148][/DOUBLEPOST]
              Yes, me too.

• zanon

zanon Astral Cartographer

Yeah, it appears that right now the Linux/OS X versions at least are in fact unbeatable, they always crash upon achieving victory. If it makes you feel any better, I lost a 6.5 hour run (loops + 1.5 hour battle against Providence, Monsoon, because game had slowed to 8 fps or so) :).

On mitigation that might ease the sting a bit: in your case I'd say you should feel fully justified in just manually unlocking what you lost. In case you didn't know, achievements/unlocks are stored in simple text format in your Save.ini. Obviously you should avoid the temptation to unlock anything else as that'd detract from the enjoyment, but it's not cheating to specifically restore what you legitimately earned anyway but lost due to crash bugs. Details are in the wiki.

That said, you may want to simply take a break until 1.2.2 or 1.2.3 or whenever they get some polish to the Linux/Mac releases, it's kind of pointless to sink too much into them right now. Alternately, you could run the Windows version in a VM, or via Wine or whatever, it should be somewhat more stable. Sorry for your loss though, even giving yourself the achievements back isn't quite the same as getting the whole victory sequence and having them all appear as they should in-game :(.

• sandman423

sandman423 Aquatic Astronaut

Anyone else having the Issue with EXP Bug Still even with the Patch?? I can't move past level 4. A few more...Soldier Syringe and Ancient Scepter Blacked out still on my item log even though I picked them up but they are still blacked out...Please tell me how to fix this.

• WingofTech

WingofTech Big Damn Hero

That does help actually, thanks (because humans shall feed off of each others losses apparently)! ;) Yeah i'll probably just wait a bit for the next patch... I mean it did just get ported so it makes sense for it to be messed up in some ways... I'll try to avoid using the save file for now because it would take away the feelings of achievement. More play time this way also.

• optimuswhat

optimuswhat Orbital Explorer

Does anyone else encounter a very annoying "BUZZ"ing noise when playing this game on Mac?
                      Seems to be music related, as turning down my sound also turns the buzzing noise down.

Also, Mac OSX crashes almost every time I beat a level. This is especially annoying since I'm playing multiplayer.

• Crryogen

Crryogen Space Spelunker

Crash probably linked to the use of a decoy on Linux.
                        Picture below.
                        Risk of Rain_032.png

• Mitten.O

Mitten.O Space Hobo

The game crashed in the wintery place when I was redoing it. Here is the crash screen. Ubuntu 14.04 x64, steam version. The error message was approximately:
                          Code:
                          ERROR in action number 1
                          of Alarm Event for alarm 0
                          for object oSpider:
                          Unable to find any instance for object index '227807'
                          at gml_Script_teleport_nearby
                          ##
                          stack frame is
                          gml_Script_teleport_nearby (line 0)
                          gml_Script_alarm_ai_default
                          gml_Object_oSpider_Alarm_0

• kinghadas

kinghadas Space Hobo

In the star meadow on the very right there's a launcher that the child monsters catapault off of and then they very slowly float down and then they get catapulted again. They get stuck doing this over and over again. Sometimes they don't come down at all which of course means game over.

• Sauvagess

Sauvagess Void-Bound Voyager

• OverloadedUkulele

OverloadedUkulele Space Hobo

1.2.2 doesn't seem to randomize drops properly. There are many times when I get 3 rares of the same time or 4 uncommons. (The same drops keep repeating themselves). This never happened in previous versions and is seriously affecting the quality of the gameplay.

I'm surprised nobody else has noticed this.

• gagreflex910

gagreflex910 Void-Bound Voyager

I knew it wasn't a coincidence that I get Time Keeper's Secret on every run.Also the HUD bug on multiplayer removes the locking effect of the Distortion artifact.

• magot273

magot273 Space Hobo

the Issue with Windows XP, can I do something :( i bought the game on steam on sunday and still, i canĀ“t play it

• Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

I don't mean to sound rude, I'm just actually curious and don't know, do the devs read this list and are working on resolving these issues? Or is this just compiling a list?

I am on XP and have been unable to launch the game entirely for weeks and weeks :(

• Sauvagess

Sauvagess Void-Bound Voyager

The game has been replaced with a new program that no longer supports old OS.

Windows XP is no longer supported by anything today, including Microsoft themselves. Think about upgrading.

• OverloadedUkulele

OverloadedUkulele Space Hobo

It's more like getting the same rare and uncommon over and over again. On my last run I just got 3 smart shoppers in a row, which is something that never happened in the 1.1 versions. This makes the game much more difficult on Monsoon, when your goal is to pretty much get Infusion as soon as possible.
                                        I bug.png