1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.2.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stovepipes, Oct 29, 2014.

1. cppcabrera

cppcabrera Void-Bound Voyager

Confirming crash on game completed, all progress lost.
    [​IMG]

• meatburger

meatburger Space Hobo

Ive just registered here, glad to find out im not the only person having this. I got the game in the new humble bundle, was very excited to play with a friend and every time i died my health bar and skills dissapeared when i ressed next level. Considering i was already learning how to play a game, this made the experience a bit frustrating.

• lethlora

lethlora Orbital Explorer

The Spirit artifact makes it where the Bandit cannot jump forward and fire his 1 ability at the same time. Without Spirit (or at full HP with Spirit enabled,) the Bandit move forward while jumping and shooting. If Spirit is active (HP missing,) the Bandit stops in mid-air when he shoots.

• Galdius

Galdius Subatomic Cosmonaut

The game doesn't save gamepad buttons "X" for the ability 1. In fact, i can play with this configuration, but when i quit and replay, the remapping change in default option (only for "ability 1" and "swap item")

RoRfan9000 likes this.
          • Rendion

Rendion Intergalactic Tourist

• Repulsion Armor didn't works.
            • Sometimes, using Commando art., instead of boxes with rare items, spawns orange.

• S_asha

S_asha Aquatic Astronaut

still get "force share items" when i try coop

• Cpt.Unibrow

Cpt.Unibrow Space Hobo

[Steam version, Windows 7, France]

I had the "leveling problem" with the patch, hardly being able to reach lvl 3 and a lot of elites. When I reached lvl 3, I think I could have been lvl 5-6 or more. After that, the experience bar couldn't get past the length of the small "LV" rectangle indicating the level. After that, I got obliterated on the stage 2, almost one-shoted by parents. The game was unplayable.
                Today, the game was patched again (52,4 M:cool:. I began a run with the commando, and i started on a grey platform up in the air(nothing wrong). I went two feet to the right to pickup the small "coin/health/exp container", and bumped onto an invisible wall. I fell, and constated the invisible wall had no end. I took a picture of me bumping onto it, from a lower place. Bullets can cross the wall easily, and ennemies can spawn on the right of the wall. I stopped the game, so I don't know if the teleporter is on the right side too.

Thanks a lot if you can solve the problem quickly!

Attached Files:

• wall57

wall57 Subatomic Cosmonaut

mkay then...
                  well xp still have the kernel32.dll so this fix is for when the game starts working back on xp. also save stuff stills with problems (from what i read) that IF you open your achivements page... say goodbye to your save.

if its a golden chest that does this, its a problem, if not. i see nothing wrong, command do spawn use item boxes (orange), also its normal when that happens if you open little chests... he does that too. looks like they kinda broke repulsion reflect, go for fire shield.
                  this option is enabled by the host or you... check on top of characters if the hitbox is marked.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
                  • chaosz3ro

chaosz3ro Intergalactic Tourist

Getting this when I try to take the portal to the end on level 5. It has happened twice now at the exact same time.
                    thanksgame.png
                    Playing on linux.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
                    • Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

Yep that wall I encoutered a couple of times with previous updates too.

• DocHobo

DocHobo Orbital Explorer

So I've found that tabbing out of the game right before a level change will force the game to the front again and you can't tab back out of it. and ctl+alt+del can't even bring task manager to the focus. so I had to sign off my user to close the game

teecas likes this.
                        • Venom

Venom Pangalactic Porcupine

Twice after super great runs unlocking both new classes and lots of other stuff the game just stopped wiping my progress with Fatal Error: Out of memory. I'm
                          really bummed out I constantly miss out on being able to play the new classes..

• Cluestep

Cluestep Space Hobo

[​IMG]

So what happend was :
                            1. I was going underneath the wall and dashed with the 3rd skill to the right (Point 1)
                            2. After that i teleported to point 2 and was walking in the wall and could not get out

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
                            • kalpa2004

kalpa2004 Void-Bound Voyager

Might not be the best place for this but just a small bug that was always there.
                              Tough Times doesn't really reduce incoming damage by 14%, rather it increases armor by 14, the pick-up text doesn't reflect that truly.

Want to also report that on the final stage the background flickers a lot when panning. So when my character moves around the background artifiacts, in the form of black lines flashing horizontally through the center of the background, might be just me though.

Might be nitpicking, but just want to bring to your attention that there's a discrepancy in naming. Laser Turbine in the item log is named Gauss Laser in the achivement and unlocks screen.

• Tire_Iron

Tire_Iron Space Hobo

Happened after a Magma worm was killed by various damage sources, primarily barbed wire and Chargefield Generator. they were still hitting the magma worm's dead body and damage numbers were piling out of it like clowns from a car.
                                of Draw Event
                                for object oBlaster:

Fatel Error: Can not create vertex buffer
                                ############################################################################################

• Aspie

Aspie Big Damn Hero

Since the latest patch, I've had a lot of stuttering. The game will stutter periodically, seemingly after having loaded something such as a monster or maybe visual effects even. It's almost unplayable, since the stutters keep messing me up each time they happen. The game runs at 60 FPS with no problems and the stuttering happens regardless of the amount of stuff in the game, or the run time of the game (client or otherwise).

• kostek1233

kostek1233 Yeah, You!

1. Sometimes, when you jump 2 platforms high or more, you can't jump walking on that platform till you get on ladder.

2. You can still get ridiculous speed on Bandito when using Smokebomb (c), Amethyst (use item), and again Smokebomb (c). Picking Goat's Hoof solves the "movement speed bug".

• necrotek

necrotek Orbital Explorer

It seems no one got this one yet. Playing Linux version.
                                      At last stage, the game crashed when I was close to the main gate.

##################################
                                      ERROR in
                                      action number 1
                                      of Alarm Event for alarm 0
                                      for object oClay:
                                      Unable to find any instance for object index '214870'
                                      at gml_Script_teleport_nearby
                                      ##################################
                                      -------------------------------------------------------------
                                      stack frame is
                                      gml_Script_teleport_nearby (line 0)
                                      gml_Script_alarm_ai_default
                                      gml_Object_oClay_Alarm_0

[​IMG]

• mojo_

mojo_ Intergalactic Tourist

Getting the same error on mac.
                                        OS X Yosemite 10.10
                                        The save was reset to last launch.
                                        The background also seems to be a bit buggy in x 3.

Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 12.37.24.png

Another I am encountering is that non of my stats are being recorded. All 0s in the stats menu and it says that I have not picked up any items in the times log. I imagine the monster log pickups would not show up either.

• gagreflex910

gagreflex910 Void-Bound Voyager

Consider yourself lucky, I can't even access my stats without a crash on a Mac.

I also got the same crash at the ending screen, does anyone know if you can skip/bypass it to keep progress? I'm just trying to unlock the sniper... :(