1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.0.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by needsomemiracle, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeyLuke

HeyLuke Space Hobo

Hey guys, not sure if this has been reported before, but I encountered a strange glitch on the Frozen Tundra, while playing the mercenary.
    I managed to dash (3rd ability) through a wall, proceeded to fall below the level and then reappear where I started.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233875180
    Maybe it's intended or something, but I don't think it is. :p

• Frey Cloudseer

Frey Cloudseer Cosmic Narwhal

HeyLuke, I have also had a similar problem with the Miner's X ability. It appears to happen when your attack speed is sufficiently high enough, or perhaps move speed, but if you are standing against a ledge, you can go through it. This is a glitch I could report, however the MAJOR one I am having (that I pray that I will never have to replicate) is that my run, that I am still in, has gotten to the point where FPS lag is kind of a thing that will happen no matter what, but the worst part of this is, I have run into the strangest bug where an Overloading Magma Worm has gotten stuck. I am unable to find him, or kill him, and I am thus stuck for all eternity unless I somehow find a way out of it. Here is a screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=235121678 I hope you guys can help me out with a fix. I would hate to end this run!

By the way, the arrow just kind of stays there, not moving. I occasionally get the roar with screen shake that would signal him coming out of the ground, but it isn't happening.

• Frey Cloudseer

Well then! Another incredibly strange glitch in a loop. This one I literally have no words for, because I was laughing too hard at the sheer randomness. Here is the link.... http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=235501937

And yes. I activated it. Not quite sure what it will end up doing, but we shall see.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
          HeyLuke likes this.
        • HeyLuke

HeyLuke Space Hobo

Hey Frey. Both of your bugs are actually in a video by Rawrquaza (I think RoR #101, near the end when they get stuck on Desolate Forest).
          The first glitch is just when an enemy gets stuck somewhere off the visible screen and you can't kill it. Did you dash through walls a lot that playthrough? Because that seemed to mess things up for Rawrquaza in his video.
          The second one is just a Random Gauss cannon that was maybe used while developing the game or something, probably intended. Weird though, because I can't really find any other information on it. :rofl:

• Jazter

Jazter Industrial Terraformer

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but I think the Sniper has a bug with fighting Bighorn Bisons. If you're a step above them, you can't hit them. Even when your Steady Aim's red line shows that it's in range of them, it doesn't hit them.

• Frey Cloudseer

Yeah I did, and I actually asked Rawr about it, and he said basically the same thing. I actually think that the Gauss cannon is there because that is the exact position that it would appear on the last level, however because I looped, it basically turned the first level into the last level. I am probably very wrong, but it seems about right.

• Antifate

Antifate Space Hobo

I don't know if this is a bug, but you need to have damage display on in order to achieve Macho. Was trying for hours and then unlocked it instantly when I turned damage display on. Hopefully this shouldn't be too hard to fix.

• Frey Cloudseer

I found an odd bug with the Cararra Marble... I believe it is triggered by having the gate placed, getting onto a rope, jumping off of the rope and activating the item at the same time and getting BACK onto the rope before you teleport. It causes you to become stuck in the ground (at least in my case) stuck in the rope climbing pose, unable to escape. Here is a picture of the aftermath:
                  2014-03-08_00001.jpg

Attached Files:

• geekofalltrades

geekofalltrades Phantasmal Quasar

so uh

[​IMG]

Providence took out a party member's healing drone and he started dropping an infinite trail of healing drones behind him. Framerate plummeted, ping skyrocketed, and Providence became unkillable.

• Antifate

Antifate Space Hobo

Heaven's Cracker doesn't seem to work right with Engineer. The "laser" happens, but the grenades aren't shot.

• Jazter

Jazter Industrial Terraformer

That's how Heaven Cracker works with ranged attacks.

• Youkaibuster

Youkaibuster Starship Captain

Heaven Cracker just fires in a straight line for any character. Nobody really notices, except the Engineer for his unique attack.

• Clione

Clione Astral Cartographer

This is something I brought up a while ago, but I think I've isolated what causes shield slam to sometimes send enemies behind you instead of in front of you. If you have a brilliant behemoth, the knockback on shield slam gets really wonky. I wish there were a way you could drop items you felt were detrimental toward your class or trade items with other players.

• Petethelich

Petethelich Void-Bound Voyager

Mercenary glitched through the wall unable to get out.
                              [​IMG]

• AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

I have 3 bugs to report

1: sometimes one of those things where you choose from 3 items will have a "?" and an item http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=241524276 and when bought it gives the item http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=241524560

2: Acrid (boss not player) will sometimes get stuck attacking the wall http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=241524904 he fixes after a little though

and finally a game breaking bug where you can get infinite items

3: If you have 1 person activate a HP shrine that takes a % of your HP on the Temple at the same time someone else activates the teleporter the statue will glitch and look like this http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=240648995 it will have infinite uses of 99% HP and no more enemys will spawn after the teleporter event is over so you can just use it reheal and get infinite items

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
                                • Sablestick

Sablestick Void-Bound Voyager

Getting this error:
                                  Time:21:9:39

ERROR in
                                  action number 1
                                  of Collision Event with object oJelly
                                  for object oEfThorns:

Error in code at line 1:
                                  if other.team+"proc"!=team && alarm[0]=-1 && parent.activity!=30 //&& other.dot_immune=0//
                                  ^
                                  at position 53: Unknown variable activity

And no sound is coming out. Tried restarting steam, but that didn't work. It worked just fine a few days ago, and nothing has changed on my computer since then.

AdenSword likes this.
                                  • AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

that happened to me its that you have so much movement speed that your charge skill actually teleports you through things so you go through the floor. all you need to do is jump and use your charge skill again and you should teleport out

but I was also able to teleport through the keycard doors and get the stuff without the keycards so this needs to be fixed. Now I had 26 Paul's goat hooves but with just enough you will teleport

P.S. telescopic sight as your first item nice

• DolanWuzHeer274

DolanWuzHeer274 Big Damn Hero

Was in final boss room and accidentally used my Carrara Marble item and got teleported out of the room and couldn't re-enter due to the doors closing behind you once you activate the battle. Had to just shut the game down and lost my chance at finishing the game for the first time. It annoyed me a lot.

• Poor_Leno

Poor_Leno Space Hobo

Related to:
                                        • During the 'Enemies Remaining' phase of the teleporter sequence, if there are any surviving magma worms, each individual segment of a magma worm will be counted as a separate 'Enemy Remaining'.
                                        When you have Ancient Scepter with Acrid, and put Pandemic on a magma worm you will receive the healing as if all the segments of the worm died each time. Probably just a side effect, but still worth noting.

• meow247

meow247 Pangalactic Porcupine

entered a server got dced instantly
                                          Code:
                                          ERROR in
                                          action number 1
                                          of End Step Event
                                          for object oHUD:

Error in code at line 17:

if oP.use[0]!=-1 && tutorial_use=0 && oInit.coop=1
                                                   ^
                                          at position 8: Unknown variable use

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.