1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

[bug] [linux] game randomly crashes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Muska17, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Muska17

Muska17 Space Hobo

Hello,
    I am playing risk of rain on linux and it is often crashing with the following exception :

https://i.imgur.com/fvMdSdi.png

By the way, it happens even more often (every time actually) when i use the HONOR artifact (the only one that i have so far).

I am playing on V1.3.0
    [​IMG]

Please fix it, it is very frustrating :(

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    • Louson

Louson Space Hobo

+1

I'm also on Linux on v1.3.0 and my game failed with the same message.
      I had passed all the teleport and backed to level 1. I reached the teleport and the game crashed, probably at the moment the boss should have appeared.

Is there still development on the game ?

tx

• Clansman

Clansman Space Hobo

Hello all,
        This is the same error I get. Playing on Ubuntu 18.04
        everything is ok other than the crash upon spawning certain elites. So far I've noticed it happens with GiantJelly, Golem and whatever elite Lizard is protecting the miner.
        Please help! I suspect its not a big fix. Someone on Reddit suggested I downloaded ModLoader and played the game mod-less since its taken care of most bugs. I would rather not have to do that so help with this issue would be very much appreciated

• Not Mr Flibble

Not Mr Flibble Void-Bound Voyager

This bug's still present, as is the game hang when the spike strip item is activated.
          Are they ever going to be fixed?
          (1.3.0, GNU/Linux version)