1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Broken Save

Discussion in 'Support' started by kriztinuh, Mar 15, 2018.

1. kriztinuh

kriztinuh Master Chief

I'm not sure what has gone wrong, I played just this afternoon with no issue at all and now my save file won't load. The report coming from SMAPI says

[Console.Out] System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (1, 1081087). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '', hexadecimal value 0x1C, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1081087.
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadElementString()
    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read54_Bush(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read56_LargeTerrainFeature(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read92_Town(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read94_GameLocation(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read139_SaveGame(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read140_SaveGame()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
    at StardewValley.SaveGame.<>c__DisplayClass51_0.<getLoadEnumerator>b__0()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

I'm quite new to this so if there is any more information needed please let me know. I've been working so hard on 100%-ing this game during Spring Break and this is definitely breaking my heart!

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• kriztinuh

kriztinuh Master Chief

Thank you so much! I was just starting to get somewhere on my farm too, this is so frightening!

Attached Files:

• MysticTempest

No problem! I've been taking a look though, and I'm not getting any errors from it; whether through SMAPI or the vanilla Stardew Valley game. Is that the correct save?

Edit:
        While waiting; I figured I'd make an adjustment you can try. Assuming, this does turn out to be the affected save. Though, it looks like you have already reset the save to the previous day.

The error you receive happens at a piece of stone debris. I removed that stone piece from your save. And, while I didn't see any issue on my end; it may fix your error. Assuming this is the correct save, but if not, then I'll check out the new one when you upload it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
        • kriztinuh

kriztinuh Master Chief

You're right, that is my mistake! I named them too similarly. Attaching the right files now, so sorry!

Attached Files:

MysticTempest likes this.
          • MysticTempest

^-^ that's alright!
            I took a look, and located the error; seems to have been a bush with a broken "size" tag.
            Here's your fixed save.

Attached Files:

• kriztinuh

kriztinuh Master Chief

You're a life saver! Thank you so much!

MysticTempest likes this.