Broadcast Station 19 -- Lucrative Opportunitities

Discussion in 'Corporations Archive' started by nababoo, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

750 pixels.. for how long?

2. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

What I don't think you understand is that it would be a prelude, what he did as a merc *before* my story started up. It wouldn't be part of the current story arc. Honestly now that I think about it I've changed my mind. You guys have fun.

3. LazerEagle1

LazerEagle1 Master Astronaut

At the rate that I was loaning mercenaries out to SivCorp, it would be at 750 pixels a day for 5 mercenaries. 150 each. However, we are willing to haggle, and will drop to lower if you absolutely need it.

4. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

Well, this planet I am on seems to be full of... agressive creatures. How about 600 pixels a day, and we have a deal.

5. LazerEagle1

LazerEagle1 Master Astronaut

That sounds reasonable.

6. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

When will the troops come in?

7. [Hope to see you around.]

8. SimYouLater

SimYouLater Scruffy Nerf-Herder

((Still waiting on SivCorp. I may have to add a juicy little tidbit for them.))

nababoo likes this.
  9. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

Oh, I'm always around, lurking in the shadows...

nababoo likes this.
  10. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

I suppose I should post a broadcast.

Ok, let it be known... SivCorp will be undergoing mining operations on Seria. GECorp has agreed to provide the startup costs as well as the security personnel. Our constructor and two frigates are on route. Anyone that would want to aid in the setup and running of our operations is welcomed to... we are a little short staffed from other mining operations elsewhere.

That is all.

nababoo likes this.
  11. SimYouLater

((Well, SivCorp is ready, but now LazerEagle1 of DesertStar is offline; and GECorp hasn't gotten a price quote from DesertStar... :facepalm: ))

12. SimYouLater

"All requested SivCorp and DesertStar employees are now in orbit, Mr. Zehn..." the floating robot secretary spoke the message for him.

"Finally! Monitor their progress, I want to know as soon as the first shipments of platinum arrive. And contact SivCorp again, I need to ask them how much they'll be selling the titanium for."

***​

On the surface of Seria, workers scrambled to assemble the necessary equipment and facilities to mine the planet. Strip-mining machinery was being put together from pieces brought in on freighters, and bunkers and refineries popped up in a matter of hours. Soon, SivCorp was pulling 42 tons of platinum ore a day, plus 27 tons of miscellaneous ores and materials...

***​

"Whoa! Hold it! We just dug into a cavity!" the foreman shouted over the ComLink. The strip mining machine backed off, and the workers took a quick look inside the hole.

It was obvious the 'cavity' was not natural. Piping and wires hung from the ceiling, the entire construct falling to pieces. A sign in a corner was indecipherable in it's alien print, but it was clear what the building was meant for... The floor dropped off sharply a couple of feet at a sunken area just wide enough for the large, long vehicle that had been jammed in place by a long-collapsed tunnel.

They had discovered an ancient subway station.

nababoo likes this.
  13. SivCorp

*bing* "We have a problem at the Seria, sir." Arial, Siv's personal Glitch assistant reports.

"Oh? What kind of issue, pirates?" Siv pulls up the work order.
    "Ah, I see. Looks like we hit a open cavity that wasn't on the map readout." Strange, Siv thought.
    "Oh well, tell the crews to move around it. The next vain is nearby... we have no interest in archaeology. If GECorp want's to explore the cavern, they can.... but we will mine on.
    It also looks like their readout was wrong."

SivCorp was pulling 42 tons of platinum ore an hour, plus 27 tons of miscellaneous ores and materials
    That should be 42 and 27 tons per DAY.

*chirp chirp* "Here is the ore readout from the first few days of mining." Arial displays a hologram spreadsheet for Siv to inspect.
    ~40 Platinum
    6 Titanium
    4 Silver
    2 Gold
    10 Coal
    1 Uranium
    4 iron

Good, we are running a good rate. Our freighters should be able to handle that amount. Lets get our warehouses prepped for the shipments.

14. SimYouLater

Incoming message from GECorp...

The error has been noted and corrected.

Also, we are not overly interested in archaeology, but that structure was indeed not in our scans... Strange.

15. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

*Explores the grasslands with guards*

Wait, what is that?

*Discovers the mining facility*

16. SimYouLater

"Halt! This is private property, sir. There's heavy equipment moving around, so please keep your distance." a guard said to M'aiq, holding out the palm of his hand.

17. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

Uhh, hello. Is there any other companies here?

18. SimYouLater

"Er... Well, this mining property is a joint venture between SivCorp, DesertStar Inc. and Gaslamp Energy Corp. But I don't see how that's relevant right now..." the guard responded.

((Or was that Out Of Character?))

19. SivCorp

- A large Avian ship with docking clearance, Siv Corp emblems, and another previously unknown emblem comes in close to where the unearthed tunnel is.
    Multiple Avians beam down with many crates and large equipment. They begin to erect a shell (he he, shell...) over the exposed tunnel and set up heavily armed security around the site.

A planet wide broadcast ensues....

"Let it be known, that the tunnel systems unearthed and its contents are hereby property of The Triads. Siv Corp is authorized to continue mining operations for Gaslamp Energy using DesertStar for security. However, no one is permitted into the tunnel systems. This will be a closed operation from here on out.
    Report any other tunnel breaches immediately to Siv, and he will relay that information to us.
    Carry on."

"Hmm," Siv Corp muses, "looks like our owners have some interest in those old tunnels after all."

20. SimYouLater

"The Triads?" Mr. Zehn said, looking through the reports after having just been transferred into a fresh, adult-aged clone. "Never heard of them. Send a message to SivCorp, I want to know who these mysterious 'owners' are."

"Right away, sir." the secretary bot spoke. "In the meantime, you have a message from ElecToyz you may want to answer..."

"Tell them I'll phone them back. Right now I need a report on the amount of platinum and titanium received from Seria."

"Yes, sir. 110 tons of platinum, 15 tons of titanium have entered SivCorp's storage fiacilities since mining began 2.5 days ago. A total of 4 and a half cubic meters of platinum and 3038 cubic meters of platinum are available for purchase."

"Good. Get SivCorp on the line, tell them we'll purchase all the platinum regardless of price, and to name their price per cubic meter for titanium."