Modding Help bridge problemo (bugged?)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by shadowjeff, Sep 16, 2017.

1. shadowjeff

shadowjeff Void-Bound Voyager

hey there,
    i am still working on my first map and seem to have found a bug (atleast thats what i think) and i have no clue how to fix it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as you can see i can stand on the bottom one but not on the top one, anyone got an idea what the problem could be? (both are the same)

thanks in advance,
    shadowjeff

i am working on my first custom map and i came across a problem, some parts (like a town bridge placed inside my map wont let the water flow, the same goes for the water cave. i have tried different layers and cant seem to get it to work, any idea's on how to fix it?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
      HopeWasHere likes this.
    • Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

This is probably because those tiles aren't marked as water or aren't on the right layer. Pm me the map file and any custom assets it needs and I'll take a look if you want.

• shadowjeff

just woke up and checked on the forums, i feel sooo stupid for completely forgetting that... thanks its fixed now :)
        second question what does the wooden bridge need to make it passable? (i tried passable ect. and cant get to pass over it)
        i did attach the map so if you would like to check the wooden bridge it would be great

since i dont feel like spamming the forum i have updated the post and title

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
        • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

You'll need to set tilesheet properties for the tile indexes used by the bridge. By default, building layer tiles are not passable (the player cannot walk through them). Taking a look at the riverlands farm map shows the following properties for the bridge related tiles.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
          • shadowjeff

[​IMG] [​IMG] i have that already, also if i didnt i wouldnt be able to pass my second bridge, i have also made the water tiles below passable and even that didnt make it work. that is the reason why i dont know what i am doing wrong.
            but for now i have removed that bridge. if anyone knows how to fix it feel free to post here (so atleast i am able to place the bridge again.

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

The bridge tiles must be passable and in the buildings layer tile, while any tile under it in the background layer must not have the Passable property at all. If you put the Passable property on something in the background layer, it does not matter if it's set True or False, you will not be able to pass it either way. Remove the Passable property outright from any water tiles (or any tiles in the background layer) that are under the bridges.

EDIT: Also, I think your tilesheet order is off; it should be:
              1. paths
              2. spring_outdoorstilesheet (named "untitled tile sheet" in the map editor list)
              3. Custom or Added tilesheet here.
              4. Custom or Added tilesheet here.
              5. etc.
              The first 2, when listed alphanumerically, must be paths and spring_outdoorstilesheet. Anything else you add must occur after that in tilesheet order or your spouse area will show up bugged when married. Rename them (in tIDE or Tiled) so they appear after the farm map's default 2 tilesheets to, for example: z1, z2, z3, etc.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
              • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Be aware of any tiles you may have placed in those places that are not visible to the naked eye. An invisible tile on the buildings layer, or any invisible tile that is specifically making something impassable (either on the bridge itself or at the start of it). Place similar bridges up and down the stream to test which ones will work and which ones won't. If you want, send me the map and I'll take a look at it in a dev environment to test things you might otherwise not be able to.