Bottled Beer Sprite instead of Beer Mugs when Crafting?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by stacygibbs, Mar 25, 2016.

1. stacygibbs

stacygibbs Lucky Number 13

I was looking forward to being able to make beer and pale ale. I thought I would store it up and sell it just like the wine. I was surprised to see a frothy mug of beer appear from the keg when the fermenting was done. There's not much you can do with that except drink it immediately or take it to Pam and frankly she already drinks enough as it is.

Would someone be willing to change that image to a bottle instead of a mug? Thanks in advance if any modder will take this on! I would certainly appreciate it.

• blargsnarf

blargsnarf Pangalactic Porcupine

Here you go, just replace Stardew Valley/content/maps/springobjects.xnb with the one in this zip. Attached image shows the changed beer/pale ale icons. This changes all uses of the beer and pale ale sprites tho, so don't blame me if there's now a cutscene that looks slightly weirder.

Attached Files:

taintedwheat and izzy82 like this.
      • stacygibbs

Well that was fast. Thank you very much blargsnarf for helping me out with this. It'll make a lot more sense storing it up with my wine in the cave. Much appreciated. :confirm:

• blargsnarf

Np. Super easy edit, if you learn how to use xnb node to extract/pack and have any pixel editing program it's easy. I just recolored the wine/juice bottles :).

• izzy82

izzy82 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Nice! Is there a tutorial for using xnb node you would recommend?

• blargsnarf

http://imgur.com/gallery/WCfeO/

I suggest copying all the xnbs you want to edit to a "packed" or "base" or whatever folder in your Stardew Valley directory, then making a "unpacked" or "edits" folder to extract them to.

That way once you've used cmd to get to your SV directory, you can just literally use "xnb_node extract packed unpacked" to extract and "xnb_node pack unpacked packed" to re-pack everything.

izzy82 likes this.
              • izzy82

izzy82 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ok, I'll try this thanks!

• stacygibbs

Worked perfectly and looks so much better. I am now stockpiling beer as well as wine for sale later. Thanks again!

• Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

At this point, I'm not sure if it's just me, or a common problem when saving the springobjects.png file, but the ice crystals from the ice levels of the mine's colors get all wonked up. It's happened with serpentwined's Black Sheep & Void Sheep Mod (which modifies springobjects.png to make the wool item black), but they have yet to see my post there, it seems. Though the image below is from aforementioned mod's springobjects.xnb, the problem remains the same, the colors warping in the same, off way;

[​IMG]

If you don't have time to fix it, that's cool, but unfortunately I've lost my original springobjects.xnb, one of the few files I forgot to back up... oops. If you have the original, I could fix the issue myself. :)

• Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Every time you extract this file with xnb node, it does this. People just seem to have not noticed when editing the springobjects file. I actually made a thread a while ago asking about it. Nothing else in the entire png gets corrupted. Here are the normal crystals cropped out of my spring object file (uncorrupt but has my personal edits) you should just be able to copy/paste these over the top and erase the corrupted crystals underneath if you're using software that creates layers:

[​IMG]

Have no idea if this'll work for you. If not, send me your springobjects file and I'll do it. :>

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
                      • Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

Huh, how weird. Never considered that XNB Node was the issue, since I've had Photoshop mess colors up without my initial knowledge, specifically in cursors.xnb.

But, thanks a million! I should be able to fix it myself just fine.

And... I hate to go off topic and over step my boundaries, but I was wondering if I could ask a potential favor? Do you possibly have access to an unmodified accessories.xnb? I'm doing a request, but it seems I've also forgotten to back up my accessories. I need to get better at that... :(

• Meevers

Yeah it's xnb node that does it! Glad that helped though. :3

And yeah of course. My accessories xnb is completely untouched, so here: https://www.mediafire.com/?nt4790c21iqz2wt

• Raijyn

Raijyn Phantasmal Quasar

You're awesome. :up: Thanks again!

• blargsnarf

So what do you use to extract if not xnb_node? The recent update to the node fixed my problems with the cursors.xnb file but I never noticed this problem with springobjects.xnb.

• Meevers

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure. While the update fixed the cursor file extraction issue it borked the springobject crystals. Can't remember where I found it, but I found an old version of a springobject file that was uncorrupted and replaced my crystals.

So far I've only noticed an issue with this file. I've extracted most of the files containing pngs, and this one seems to be the only one I can see that's affected by xnb node right now. I tend to just keep my png somewhere and if there's a mod I want that edits springobjects at all, I just edit my png.