1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Black screen issue

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by chuckleraptor, Aug 16, 2022.

Tags:
  1. chuckleraptor

chuckleraptor Space Hobo

The screen is black on startup but I can still hear sound.
    When I tab out and back in I can see the main menu.
    The screen goes black randomly during gameplay and at the moment is fully black as I am deploying my mech for the first time.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling a few times, changing the vsync to false + fullscreen to false in the config file. I have tried running it in 32-bit and made sure my video card drivers are up to date.

I do not have any mods installed. I uninstalled Discord so the overlay isn't an issue either.

I am not really sure what else there is to do, and there doesn't seem to be anything I have found that works. Can anyone help me??

The game seems to work fine on my laptop, but on my desktop I am having issues (my desktop has better specs). Problem is that my laptop overheats and crashes but that's a whole 'nother issue.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your full specs as well as your starbound log which is located in the storage folder of your starbound install.