1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Black Box and random crash after visiting a planet / doing quest

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by RickyZen, Jun 23, 2018.

1. RickyZen

RickyZen Big Damn Hero

its been 2 weeks that this trouble i have came, so the issue is every time i visit a specific planet and arrive at some place (usually Glitch Castle) my game start to get slowed down and eventually every blocks start to goes black and slowly but sure it spread to the background and if i ignore it, the whole game goes black and unplayable (still able to see particles tho) and the only way i could fix it is to quit and re-start the game.

my PC is :
    Processor : AMD A6 5400k APU (2 CPU) 3.6Ghz
    RAM : 2 GB
    VGA : Radeon HD Graphic 2GB.

Mod used : Frackin Universe

according to some info, certain mods increase the minimum RAM.. could i be true?

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

the more mods you use, no matter what mod, the more ram will be used. FU is huge and I'm surprised ur computer can handle SB without FU with that ram

3. RickyZen

RickyZen Big Damn Hero

yes my PC can handle the mod but of course with that RAM i can't do any mission that requires teleporting to instances so i can only do exploration on planets. so i got a message from someone saying that playing in windowed mode fix the black blocks.. is it true?

4. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

i hav no idea. I always play in windowed mode, so I couldn't tell u if it changes anything