Bikes!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SmaugBaggins, Mar 12, 2016.

1. SmaugBaggins

SmaugBaggins Existential Complex

I don't know why but when i see the paths in stardew i think bikes. i even feel like it could even have a quest associated with it. and you could probably buy different colors of paint for it and upgrade it.

Quest idea:
    Lewis asks you to clean up the town of ground litter and take it to Clint to see if her can dispose of it. So you go to the trailer home (cant for the life of me remember who's house it is} clean it up and take it to Clint. When Clint sees the trash he notices the tires and tells you thanks. You to hand the trash to him and the next morning you receive a letter saying to come look at his new project. When you go see him he hands you a bike telling you thank you for doing the community a service, I fixed up the tires you picked up and made this with them feel free to bring it back when i come up with better Blueprints.

Upgrades:
    Default: 1.25 times Run speed

Copper Upgrade: 1.35 times run speed has a horn that is activated when you click

Steel Upgrade 1.4 Time run speed+Light(2 tiles in front of player)+Horn

Gold upgrade 1.5 Times run speed+Light(5 tiles in front)+Horn+1 Row of mobile Storage

If you where to get off the bike at a place other then your farm it would remain there till you retrieved it.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
      bernalex likes this.
    • Stone7C1

Stone7C1 Subatomic Cosmonaut

hmm, it would kinda conflict with horses. for example, why ever use up space on your farm and get stables, when you can get a bike?

but i like the general idea of it.

• SmaugBaggins

I thought about that too i feel like the horses could be used still and "trained" if he added a horse track to race them on i guess i see horses as a thing to race while bikes i see as a thing to just coast on

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

Hmmm or be like this newb and get the tractor replacment mod for the horse :p But personally I'd love to see a race track for horses that would be awesome !

• SmaugBaggins

Yea that would be idk i guess i like animals to have a purpose other then looking cute and making money for me also i just really like riding bikes :rofl:\

Lanx12 likes this.
            • Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

What would be awesome is a bmx course for the exterm bikers in us :p

• SmaugBaggins

Interesting... He could turn that into a festival in the fall maybe, if ever implemented i mean

• weirdee

weirdee Big Damn Hero

Could just make it like HM and give horses saddlebags so you can have a mobile shipping container, which gives them utility, but is a bit slower than a bike, which would not be able to carry such loads, but would get you around faster.

• SmaugBaggins

Thats a interesting concept that i kinda like @weirdee

• bernalex

bernalex Space Hobo

+1 for bicycles!

When I got my first fishing rod, I got instant flashbacks to playing Pokémon as a kid, and immediately wanted to get a bicycle someday too.

• SmaugBaggins

Yay more support for bikes :rofl:

• Sienikakku

Sienikakku Poptop Tamer

The real question is can Demetrius steal it? :nurucool:

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

That's just......wrong...on so many levels. =x

Yet I still chuckled (cause I remember that little flash music thing from several years ago, heh)...I am a bad, bad person. =x

• Saibara

Saibara Subatomic Cosmonaut

Only if we get THIS with the bikes:

• SmaugBaggins

That is pure ABUSE

Saibara likes this.
                                • Saibara

Saibara Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ooooh, and everytime you try to use the bike indoors, a textbox should pop up with Lewis telling you that you cannot ride your bike indoors!

• SmaugBaggins

OMG I love the idea