1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Beta testing?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Breather, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

it says nothing about post count though...

2. vappyvap

vappyvap Void-Bound Voyager

As long as I don't have to pre-order to beta test. I'm totally okay with that. Well, it's either that or release a demo.

3. Lord Sevein

Lord Sevein Void-Bound Voyager

It would be awesome to beta test for the game! I know I've been stupid excited ever since I heard about the game from Pedguin!

4. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

The thing is, I don't think the devs will see all the helpful and meaningful posts.

5. Every Human

Every Human Scruffy Nerf-Herder

k um i just noticed my post didnt go proerly it was suosed to say
    well im eccited for this beta . it sounds so awesome and i think it will really encourage members to be more active in the community

6. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Intriguing, I would never turn down such an opportunity! But I think that the forums will now be flooded with spam's :(
    ~ Thank You!
    John Devince

7. knarfc

knarfc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just try to help the community.

8. pwnload

pwnload Big Damn Hero

so.. i been on alot since it came out but im still a new member because i didnt post alot but i can become a beta tester eventhough im not a well known member?

9. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

And you just joined yesterday [​IMG]

10. HorseMASTER

HorseMASTER Industrial Terraformer

I don't really care about my post count, I'm not too active on these forums anyways. And sorry If my responses are short, I haven't always been the best with words.

Also why report my profanity when a staff member has already commented on it

11. ChibiErick

ChibiErick Void-Bound Voyager

Well I planned to join the forums anyway or another... and did I see the tweet before joining? Yes I won't like about it, and I would love to be part of the beta. However, that's is not for me to decide and honestly I plan on buying the game the day it comes out. Will there be people that spam to get into the beta? It is very likely, and maybe they'll get chosen over other members who truly deserve it because their posts have content to them. Maybe they'll base on something else that has more meaning, or names that they recognize? Just my two cents.:coffee:

12. Drewdawg

Drewdawg Big Damn Hero

Ye, but some of the *ahem*'Slower'*ahem* forum posters won't realize that x.x. No spam please xD

13. JohnDevince

xD Dates are just hours logged into earth. Not how much my brain has processed :cry: anything (If anything xD)
    ~ Thank You!
    John Devince

14. achtung_phil

achtung_phil Void-Bound Voyager

Ha, just got back from deployment and was going to join the forums anyway. What good timing!

15. JohnDevince

Welcome to the forums! Hope to " Get our Bound on!" xD
    ~ Welcome! And Thanks!
    John Devince

16. Every Human

Every Human Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Welcome to the fourms hop you are what your name suggests :rofl:

17. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

A beta test is an important part of any software release. When developers don't beta, they're just asking for problems since there's no reason not to beta.
    I haven't beta tested something in a long time.

18. The Enderman

The Enderman Phantasmal Quasar

You know the best way to get trust from the dev team?

Act like they never announced this.

WelshPixie likes this.
  19. jackalope

jackalope Big Damn Hero

While I would definitely love to Beta Test, I would definitely need to be more active.
    One of my favorite things about Beta Testing is watching the game slowly develop, and sometimes picking up user ideas along the way. ;)

20. WelshPixie

WelshPixie Former Staff

Mini flame war deleted. If you have to bicker, do it in PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.