1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Beta testing?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Breather, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

So... Tiy posted a new tweet today saying that their might be beta testing! He said, however the people who do end up beta testing, will only be people who are active on the forums.

So, will you be more active on the forums, now? And what are your thoughts on beta testing?
    I'm very excited, and hope i get to be one of the lucky beta testers! :up:

2. Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

I'm worried about the state of the forums since that announcement personally. Sure, we'll get a lot more members coming in and wanting to be active but it'll be for all the wrong reasons. By saying "Post a lot on our forums and you can has beta" it's opening the door for many people to come in and simply spam to 1000 posts and expect to be given beta privileges.

Of course, I may be over-reacting, but that seems a likely outcome (as does everyone being friendly super happy fun times) but I can honestly say I won't be surprised at the number of people who react badly to not getting into beta.

That said, I've been thoroughly active on these forums and plan to continue to do so and with regards to the proposed beta; I'm probably one of those few people who would happily turn it down and wait ^^

3. WelshPixie

WelshPixie Former Staff

Tiy actually said in IRC yesterday that it's people who have been active across the entire community - not just the forums. :)

No spam on my watch :p

Ignuz and Breather like this.
  4. Afterscore

The people who were't in IRC obviously aren't aware of that, and may be rather disappointed when the time arrives for beta goodness and they don't get in.

That and the link in Tiy's twitter linking directly to the forum, and nothing else - It could seem very evasively sneaky from another point of view.

Starheaven07 likes this.
  5. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

I've always been active on the forums, and I'm going to keep it that way.
    When it comes to beta testing I am VERY excited and hope I get chosen ^_^

6. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

i'll be active on the forum aslong as it stays active i think, i like the community here <3

7. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Well, ya know there's not that many people registered to these forums, so that said, I don't think it's gonna be too hard to pick from the people spamming and actually being active.

mad0mat likes this.
  8. Jenkinz

My thoughts exactly :)

Breather likes this.
  9. Afterscore

Well the game isn't even scheduled to release until the end of this summer. We're only into spring just now.

These forums have been up for one week and 4 days (give or take) so I can assure you we haven't even begun to see the number of people that will be registered to these forums.

Starheaven07 likes this.
  10. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

We're in spring? We just had a blizzard here >.<

11. Attribule

Attribule Scruffy Nerf-Herder

''It's about the quality of your posts, not the quantity.''

Words to live by when in a forum.

Breather likes this.
  12. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

after Tiyuri's twitter, i actually thought that the floodgates would open. but i haven't seen any real "spammer" yet. i don't look in the off topic section so if the spammers hang out there i'll take back my statementX3

13. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

I'm off to check the off-topic section! :rofl:

EDIT: Wait, would the off-topic section qualify as "community?"

14. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

well, everyone can post there. but i don't think they get any postcount for the posts there.

15. Jenkinz

True. You don't gain posts when posting in the "off-topic" section ^_^

16. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

True, but what counts as, "being active," then?

17. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

dunno, i bet tiy know what he's doing though :)

18. Jenkinz

I'd love to know this as well seeing as I've been trying to attain "Active Member" but to no avail :/

Bob the Biscuit likes this.
  19. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

It definitely shouldn't be solely based on post count.
    Though you can't measure quality. :rolleyes:

20. Hydrae

Hydrae Cosmic Narwhal

And what exactly does "active across the entire community" mean? Not just the forums but IRC as well? The unofficial forums? People who were/are also active in the Terraria community?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.