1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kikolourenco

kikolourenco Space Hobo

Partner you talk so Much! You have so MUCH love with devs!

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Because I'm a fan of theirs and the game they're making. I don't know about other people around here, though.

3. St Fonz

St Fonz Existential Complex

WHAT?! Your a fan of Chucklefish and Starbound? You don't belong here friend. :p

4. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

I think I accidentally got him trapped here when I fell down in from that open manhole. D8

ImmortalFrog and St Fonz like this.
  5. rustybeats

rustybeats Void-Bound Voyager

Oh no someone mad a joke about the long wait for starbound, I better defend the devs!

ImmortalFrog and Pingeh like this.
  6. rustybeats

rustybeats Void-Bound Voyager

Wishfull and realistic thinking.

7. Fengor1990

Fengor1990 Seal Broken

I know that a game like this will never truely be finished just because there is a almost endless amount of content you could add but is there any idea who the beta will be out / % done to make it playable or even stuff still to finish?

samufel and ImmortalFrog like this.
  8. SmoothGuy

SmoothGuy Phantasmal Quasar

Why do people care so bad about the release,important is that devs WILL actually release the game and they started working on it,got it to such a Platformer masterpiece
    What's the deal people?

samufel and ImmortalFrog like this.
  9. Arch-Mage Zandor

Arch-Mage Zandor Space Kumquat

Beta release will be sometime 2013

ImmortalFrog likes this.
  10. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Beta is /estimated/ to be out in 2013. Can't count your chickens before they hatch.
    Especially when this egg has already missed its "estimated" date more then a few times.

11. Arch-Mage Zandor

I has been stated that, no matter what, beta will be out this year.

12. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

It was stated, no matter what, full release would be this year. That is no longer the case.

Besides, things can happen even outside development. There are three coders. If something happened to two, well.. life happens. Also again, things have been said, and sadly things change. Stating something in absolutes at this point probably isn't to good an idea... Don't get me wrong, I'm hopeful for it, but I wouldn't exactly place a wager on it either.

It simply isn't a sure thing.

Sousuke Kuroda likes this.
  13. Arch-Mage Zandor

It was stated that they would release this year, they never said that meant full release.
    Also, seeing as they said "No matter what", I can't really see any way they wouldn't release anything. The backlash they would receive would make releasing it, even if it isn't finished, a far more preferable option.

onerb2 likes this.
  14. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

It was written before the idea of a beta was even being entertained. So it was absolutely meant for the full release.

enemarius86 likes this.
  15. Arch-Mage Zandor

Oh, my apologies then. I was under the impression that a Beta was always planned.

16. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

Nope. The idea was raised about a month prior to pre-orders if memory serves.

17. Wyvern

Wyvern Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

There was also time last year when it was "definitely going to be out by Christmas guys seriously". And then a time when it was "definitely going to be out by the end of the year definitely come on". And then a time when "guys summer 2013 we're doin' this srsly". And then a time when "they game will DEFINITELY be done by the end of 2013 guys srs".

I mean, I'm not mad. They obviously just SEVERELY underestimated the dev time. But still, I operate under the assumption that the game is never coming out.

18. Arch-Mage Zandor

Thank you for the clarification.
    EDIT:
    Those were all estimates, if I remember correctly.
    Also, that seems a rather silly assumption, since they give daily progress reports.

onerb2 likes this.
  19. misho

misho Big Damn Hero

we all know by now i like to play devil's advocate so i will say this "we can't be sure that the daily updates are and accurate example of the state of the game"

in the last live stream i watched the one of devs said they were working on tier 5 content. ill tiry to find it :oops:.

20. Arch-Mage Zandor

However we can assume that the things they say they are working on and have been working on is accurate. With this information we know they are and have been working on the first few tiers, which is what they want to finish before beta is released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.