1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leather Rabbit

Leather Rabbit Big Damn Hero

:love:

What if I'm just a little bit off, though? I will laugh myself to death if the release date for beta actually comes out to be a day before or a day after I predicted.

2. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

I dunno.

But you are the psychic, if you die then who are we going to get to contact you?

(By the way, i don't mean to offend any psychics)

Leather Rabbit likes this.
  3. Leather Rabbit

Leather Rabbit Big Damn Hero

That's true! Good point. No idea who would contact me.

linkthegamer likes this.
  4. Zorochi

Zorochi Void-Bound Voyager

I hope that the beta comes out by the end of the year, ps4 and psvita should just be ignored completely till the full version is ready on steam.
    Anytime spent looking into the ps4 or vita version is a waste of time if the game dont run smoothly and function for the people who backed the game in the first place.
    best of luck to the devs , alot of rage from people atm from lack of daily updates and no reason given on why other members of the hard working team have been unable
    to post anything in the absence of Tiy's internet not running in his new house.

5. bludud101

bludud101 Phantasmal Quasar

Waiting is the only option..

onerb2 likes this.
  6. Torren

Torren Ketchup Robot

Not to derail the thread, but I'm noticing alot of those pacman avatars. What exactly are they or the meme around them?

7. bludud101

onerb2 and Leather Rabbit like this.
  8. fate1122

fate1122 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Its never coming. they haven't even added vehicle/mechs/planes and ships. what happened to capturing the monsters too? Also all the guns will be boring as they will do the same thing over and over again and there will be like 4 actual gun types that look different. all the swords will be and same and no magic or hugely different weapons.

9. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

It is coming. Vehicles will be added. Ships have been added. Monster capturing might come post release. Weapons are still being tweaked. There won't be any magic whatsoever, so that's not an issue. Hugely different weapons may well be added.

Have some faith, man. Obviously it's not going to be perfect while it's still in development. Have another look when it's actually finished.

10. Cursebreaker

Cursebreaker Tentacle Wrangler

Shhh.... We haven't even passed the Dev's dead line, so please, go away. :down:

Plooters and Jonesy like this.
  11. fate1122

fate1122 Subatomic Cosmonaut

but we've been waiting forever and the beta so far that they showed seem like completely unpolished from what they were saying. And the whole gun randomization sadly might turn out to be like borderlands where even though they might look different, they are basically all the same thing. without unique weapons and now magic system gameplay might get boring fast... swords can only be do much different from one another. if they have a huge selection of gun types rather than like 4 maybe guns might be good. but if it turns out like borderlands...

12. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

These things take time. Naturally, it will be unpolished in development stages (and, to a lesser extent, the beta). And Starbound isn't Borderlands, so it may not necessarily go the same way. There are a lot of differences, and you need to remember the fact that these things may well get addressed. There are several pre-made weapons in the game as it is. And there won't be any magic in the game, so it doesn't form a part of the equation.

13. rustybeats

rustybeats Void-Bound Voyager

That won't be disappointing when that never happens.

LeifGram and Pingeh like this.
  14. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

The funny thing is: if it doesn't ever come out, I'm still not disappointed.

Well, I would, but by my logic...

Jonesy likes this.
  15. bludud101

I would be angry, considering I paid for it..

Jonesy likes this.
  16. rustybeats

Yea because that money you donated couldn't have been used for anything better.

LeifGram and Pingeh like this.
  17. Zoolot

Buddy, it was a joke, of course I would be upset if the game never came out.

18. rustybeats

It's hard to tell when it doesn't look like a joke.

19. Zoolot

That's because you missed my first post.

Mazey likes this.
  20. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

Cynical AND bitter. I'm betting you're a fun guy to be around at a party.

TuefelHundenIV and Jonesy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.