1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amkor

Amkor Tentacle Wrangler

Okay, I am a little confused here, so please explain to me how the above should be interpreted.

1. The release date is not "currently 2013", information shared date: 2013-19-9

2. The release date is 9-19-2013.

3. The beta is released 9-19-2013.

4. Something else.

2. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Tiy is saying the full release date is no longer 2013 and this change was made on the 19th of September of 2013.

Amkor likes this.
  3. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Cue shitstorm :zzz: *opens umbrella*

4. Amkor

Amkor Tentacle Wrangler

Whew, I got it right then. Thanks.

5. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Yeah, hopefully people realize that the beta is still 2013 AFAIK. They just don't think they can get the entire game done by years end anymore.

6. smeadrox

smeadrox Void-Bound Voyager

I'm fine with a game release in 2014 (better content all the way) but really want that beta in 2013 :3 I cant wait :DD

onerb2 and opopwizard like this.
  7. opopwizard

opopwizard Master Chief

I agree in the fullest! :)

8. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

Also just a small bit of speculation.
    If you preordered and got the soundtrack. this file
    C:/Desktop/Starbound Soundtrack/Eperimental Tracks/Output 3.mp3 has an eerie resemblance to a song from that halloween movie imo. Halloween beta release? :rainbow:

EDIT: The movie is Scary Godmother

9. Dreviore

Dreviore Void-Bound Voyager

So the game will be released full hopefully 2014?

10. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Yeah. At the moment, I believe they're going to try and get the beta out sometime this year, and the full game next year.

11. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

I would assume Q2 2014, so yeah.

12. onerb2

onerb2 Pangalactic Porcupine

well, i'm most happy if the beta is released this year, i want to play the game, for me playing beta feels like playing a full game, the real full game is like an expansion pack to me (and for free!!) so yeah, full release with a bunch of stuff for a little bigger await time? yeah im fine with it. :D

Jonesy likes this.
  13. aRandomBob

aRandomBob Lucky Number 13

Sorry if this was asked before, I'm new here and I really don't want to go through 57 pages of replies, but will the beta feature multiplayer, such as hosting Starbound servers?

14. Jonesy

Yes, there is a multiplayer component. The game can be played in either singleplayer or multiplayer. Servers can be hosted and customised.

Tell you what, have a read around this thread (and maybe even this one) if you want to come up to speed. Both are good sources for newcomers, and have nearly all the info you'll need. Happy trails!

15. NickIn8Bit

NickIn8Bit Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm almost too nervous for this game to come out. I'll have to say goodbye to any friends that don't pick it up, quit my job, lose touch with family...

16. Jonesy

...or manage your time better. I managed to pass year 12 in the middle of my Skyrim addiction.

Kokiris, Zoolot and onerb2 like this.
  17. NickIn8Bit

NickIn8Bit Scruffy Nerf-Herder

...But... ...But ALL of my time shall be Starbound time...

18. Jonesy

Wouldn't you rather pace yourself, and savour it? Not to mention ensuring your IRL activities are not neglected?

Zoolot likes this.
  19. ggh325

ggh325 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank you!

20. aRandomBob

aRandomBob Lucky Number 13

Well, I knew it had a multiplayer aspect, but will hosting servers be avalalible during beta? Sorry for not asking that in the first place, since that was my real question.

Zoolot and Jonesy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.