1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onerb2

onerb2 Pangalactic Porcupine

not talking about that, if you want to keep your reason, dont lower the grade of your comments like saying fuck you. This kind of thing make a discussion stop and a fight begin.

2. misho

misho Big Damn Hero

yes i fell into that trap its never good.

onerb2 likes this.
  3. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

I believe it is just Tiy saying that the tentative full release date is no longer 2014. The updated thing is just to note when the change was made, so that you can still get the context of the messages here.

The ripoff thing came up just because someone was saying the beta should release to compete with terraria 1.2. It just went from that to talking about the fake that despite terraria and starbound being two different games people will compare them and say the later is a ripoff. It did happen with terraria being called a minecraft and was how I found out about it. I agree with you that you should thing of them being voxel games as an "engine" or more accurately genre. But people like to compare things with what they know so we will always hear the "it's just a ripoff of..." arguments. Heck I was playing a game made out of small voxel that someone said looked like a minecraft clone, though small voxels make me think more 3D Dot Game Hero or Cube World. But meh.

ggh325 likes this.
  4. Delimar

Delimar Star Wrangler

I meant genre when i made that argument. It came out as a game engine. haha thanks for clarifying that one.

Maybe you are referring to the road map being updated? I have no idea where people are seeing this "Release on 9/19/2013" thing.

5. linkthegamer

People are misreading this:

As meaning the release date is 9/19/2013 not as that info was changed (struck out) on that date.

ggh325 likes this.
  6. Delimar

Delimar Star Wrangler

Ah, Gotcha. Yea, Chucklefish announced that release date will not be in 2013, but the beta will be.

7. UKFX

UKFX Star Wrangler

Wait... so the beta is released when? It's passed 19th September lol. I'm confused. Oh btw, HELLO everyone, my first post, YAY :)

8. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Welcome! You see, we don't really have a release date for the beta yet. All we know is that it will be this year.

Word of warning, too...I don't know how well people will react to that avatar...

linkthegamer likes this.
  9. linkthegamer

No, no date as been mentioned.

They was just noting the date he struck out the line stating that full would release in 2013. The date is to let people know it is a change, possibly to make sure people aren't confused by the older post that were made before the change.

10. UKFX

UKFX Star Wrangler

I see. Plenty of games to play until the beta is released, so I'm more than happy to wait :) , especially since the more time given the more bugs can be sorted ;D.

Do I need to change my avatar bum cheeks? That'd be a shame :(.

11. Jonesy

Yeah, that's for the best. If you can keep yourself occupied with other games for a month or two, time should fly.

And I suspect you may. It could be counted as somewhat NSFW imagery, and therefore be against the rules. I dunno.

Serenity likes this.
  12. UKFX

UKFX Star Wrangler

I see. No worries, I'll change the picture now.

Also, is it me or does the Tweet Badge redeem thing not work... I was sure I tweeted that weeks ago when I Pre-ordered?

13. Jonesy

I'm not sure how the Tweet badge works. If you're still having problems, maybe ask in the pre-order support subforum.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?forums/support/

Serenity likes this.
  14. linkthegamer

I think they said the API is down and does not work right now.

15. opopwizard

opopwizard Master Chief

Wait a second... Look "The official release date is currently 2013. (updated 9-19-2013)" I'm confused... What's this mean? Does this mean...

16. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

Nope. Read back a page or so. It's just recording the date that the edit was made in striking out that release date.

Serenity, Jonesy and linkthegamer like this.
  17. Jonesy

...you misinterpreted? Yes. It means that it was updated on that date.

opopwizard and Serenity like this.
  18. onerb2

onerb2 Pangalactic Porcupine

I think he said that it means that the game is going to be released in 2013 not in 2014 (full release).
    edit: or he didn't :p

19. opopwizard

opopwizard Master Chief

Oh yeah... Derp on my part.

20. Tea Mate

Tea Mate Existential Complex

I was just pointing out why I presumed you had difficulty with the language. Notice that I didn't say anything about your grammar until I thought you misunderstood me, and just encouraged you to ask for clarification if you had difficulty somewhere, which is simply the sensible thing to do when you think someone is having difficulty. I will say it again - I had no intention of offending; it was just the sensible thing to do, if your native language wasn't English.
    I wouldn't have decided that on apostrophes only. Writing "there"(place) when the meaning clearly indicates "they're"(they are) is a very common mistake of people who don't speak English well, since it's not an accidental letter or just being lazy with apostrophes. It's mixing up the word for one with a different meaning that sounds similar. That was the point at which I decided, in relation with everything else, that you might be having difficulty
    Anyway, I'm not a grammar nazi, I was just explaining why I made the (wrong) presumption that I did. Let's just end that line of conversation.

It's good you presented reasons, I just pointed out that those reasons weren't very solid, in my opinion at least. And, apparently, in the opinion of developers as well (those points have been raised more than once before, and the devs must have taken notice, but probably followed a trail of thought similar to the one I presented).

Don't worry. They (seem to) know what they are doing and will (probably) release the beta at the right time.

Once again, sorry for the wrong presumption. No offence intended.

ForceablePlace likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.