1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wulpher

Wulpher Subatomic Cosmonaut

*slides helmet down and slowly ducks into a fox hole*

2. mwpow3ll

mwpow3ll Guest

I think you're seriously misrepresenting the capabilities of a team of 3 people. 100k lines of code in 2 weeks would be 1.0416 lines of code every 9 seconds per person.

6.944 lines of code per minute does not accurately represent the industry standard for a project like Starbound primarily written in a native langauge like C++. Even in a non-native language, you'd still be very hard-pressed to achieve those results.

Remember... counting generated code is... cheating! If you didn't physically code it, you can't claim it...

3. Vanishing

Vanishing Zero Gravity Genie

Your math is off... :D

4. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

5. mwpow3ll

mwpow3ll Guest

I didn't double check it, but please feel free to check for me? I assumed 3 people, 10 days, and 8 hours per day. :geek:

6. Nesano

Nesano Subatomic Cosmonaut

So, when do you think Starbound beta will be released?

Jonesy likes this.
  7. Ragewar

Ragewar Industrial Terraformer

Never.

8. Nesano

Cool.

9. Wulpher

Wulpher Subatomic Cosmonaut

That exchange was possibly the funniest thing I've seen on this forum since I've signed up.

Braxtrose, NickIn8Bit, Jonesy and 2 others like this.
  10. Nesano

Thought my smartassery would spark some chuckles.

...Chucklefish.

Ha.
    Ha.
    Ha.

I'll get my coat.

Jhago and Wulpher like this.
  11. SPOOKS80

SPOOKS80 Pangalactic Porcupine

I hope they release the beta on steam, would be nice to get the auto updates via steam and probably make life easier for everyone :)

Cheerful_Toe, stuwee and Nesano like this.
  12. Nesano

Oh yeah.

13. keyless15

keyless15 Void-Bound Voyager

As much as Beta-Beggers bother me (only to a degree, and when they get mean)...

BUT, if beta doesn't come out soon, I'm gonna be a broke sunnova...

I keep buying games in the hope that they'll fill the void in my soul that Starbound has left me.

Its becoming an issue.

*music heard in the distance* "I can't get no Sat-is-fac-tion"

14. icepick37

icepick37 Phantasmal Quasar

15. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

It's funny, because it will get released. :rofl:

I'm fairly sure it is, actually. You still get to choose between a Steam and non-Steam version when it's released. Even if the beta isn't on Steam, the full game definitely will be.

Not sure if spam...

SPOOKS80 likes this.
  16. StarshiyLeytenant

StarshiyLeytenant Cosmic Narwhal

Let's just say it's spam and call it a day.

17. Voxelite

Voxelite Industrial Terraformer

I've lost all interest in Starbound for the minute after rediscovering Total War: Shogun again. I'll play that till Beta comes over the horizon!

18. Nesano

Your picture is incredible.

19. icepick37

icepick37 Phantasmal Quasar

Not spam. Relevant, haha. It's a web comic about candy and the roaring emptiness inside. :)

20. Ferigad

Ferigad The Number of the Minibeast

Okay, got one! You don´t need Kickstarter to screw the people who buying a product that don´t exist! You only need to hype them and set up your own pre-order system! I think we all know allready that they didnt had anything close to beta between 2012 and 2013 until the pre-order kicked in, they practicly started from scratch. At least thats what you can get from Bartwes chat where he mentioned that it would be impossible to get out a beta in 2-3 months because they didn´t had anything even close to a beta when they opened up the pre-order page. The only honest testimony so far. Anything else was pepptalk in the daily news and the forums.

Darkhog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.