Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.
- Silver, Platinum and Titanium look VERY similar. I can't tell them apart.
I cant play Starbound for some reason. I log onto steam and the game already says "update required" along with that I tried to load the game and when I try that i get a "disc write error" please tell me i'm not the only one with this problem?
- It takes a million years for chili to grow. Not sure if intended. In comparison, tomatoes seem to grow 20 times as fast and wheat 50. (I am guessing here, I don't have numbers.)
- It would be nice to have monsters fall to their deaths when falling from great heights. It happens often that I club a monster down a mountain, and I wish it'd stay down.
- I'm guessing most people are using two-handed swords, due to their ability to hit monsters that are dropping down on you. I wish one-handed weapons would have the ability to be aimed in a direction. Right now I find them rather pointless to use.
- Shotguns (and possibly other guns except sniper rifles) are hugely under-powered. Either their damage should be increased or their energy use should be drastically lowered. One can fire his or her sniper rifle continuously, as well as waving a sword around forever, but shotguns can't attain the dps in their description due to energy being depleted after a couple of low damage shots.
- I think it'd be great if the background music would fade away when playing a music instrument. Otherwise both music get in eachother's way.
I feel as well that traveling to planets in the same area should be a simple smooth flight animation, not a faster then light jump for 30 seconds. Perhaps you could have three different ones, one for same area, one for same solar system, and one for different solar systems? Each one being longer then the last.
Various reactions to Frustrated / Indignant Koala:
What I'm really enjoying:
Discovering lots of interesting structures and places. Found my first village! Very cool. About half the merchants had no goods listed, though. (Avian village, I'm Hylotl.) Monsters charged into the village and the guards fought them off. It was neat how that just happened in the world.
Finally got enough coal to go to a different planet in my home system. On a desert moon, did some spelunking, and before long encountered: weird slimy-looking dirt, some sort of mine system with lanterns, an abandoned temple with frog statues, and a Floran underground base / city. Outstanding job generating interesting stuff to discover here -- exactly what I'm hoping for from Starbound. (I decided not to break into the Floran city from the side, so mined my way around until I found the entrance, at which point I got attacked by a dude (not Floran-looking) with a sword who knocked me into lava. All around, exciting emergent events.)
When I first beamed down to that desert moon, I was immediately attacked by a large monster. (Miniboss?) When I beat him, I got a sword named "Eyeball Carver" that looks like half a monster jaw, and shoots red clouds on swinging. Cool stuff.
Things that were confusing:
It's still not clear from anything in the game that coal can fuel your spaceship (I wouldn't have known if I hadn't seen that mentioned on the forums). It's so unintuitive that you literally need to tell the player, "Coal can be used as fuel for your spaceship." Maybe make this a quest after the iron ore one (or earlier).
Found a Pulse Jump tech. Not clear what to do with it. I used it, and it "unlocked a crafting schematic" -- but where? I got it "locked in" (???) to one of my tech slots, but now what? (Later) Okay, it's now an ability I have, which consumes energy. Great! Is the "crafting schematic" message just a mistake?
2nd game - hylotl
12/10 beta (Frustrated Koala)
felling a tree still takes too long
mining speed better
the new temperature meter is much more recognizable
don't like waiting for a minute watching my character sleep to heal up -- although at least I got to look at a pretty view of a gas giant with starfield. (Literally over one minute to heal from ~25% health.)
The FTL jump animation is very cool. However, it seems very silly when you're going from one moon to another moon at the same planet. It would be nice to have a more sensible animation (other people have said "impulse drive") for short travel.
- Goes on pretty long -- but I suspect this is to give the game time to pregenerate the new world?
Bug: in an Apex science facility (?), met a gunner, stood close to him, he couldn't hit me. (Maybe the bullets were spawning past me?)
12/11 Indignant Koala
Could the nav screen please tell us how much fuel is required to go to a place? "Well, I have 30, and going to another planet apparently takes, um, 2 or 3 red bars...?"
@Moonmouse: A bed is not the only way to heal.
There are stimpacks and medkits (although these are rare), food (depends on type of food and probably race if it heals or not), bandages and lastly the bed.
I think sleep-healing is fine as it is. It's the only type of healing that is basically free, so being slow is a good trade-off in my opinion.
- I have another request. I am trying out mod making, creating recipes. And I noticed that in order for recipes to appear you have to add them in player.config.
I am making the mod in a separate mod folder, trying to edit as little of the original files as possible.
To cut the story short: I am hoping there'll be an alternative way to add mods without modifying player.config, to have mods be completely stand-alone, no vanilla file editing required.
I have this same problem, very annoying.
- Please make chests and other containers store an amount based on the object's size.
A small chest holds 16 items at the moment.
There's an old large chest twice that size, but still holds 16 items, and the cool locker is four times the size of a small chest.
I'd really like containers to have 16 items per 'occupied square', meaning the old large chest should have 32 spots and the cool locker 64 (or somewhere between 32 and 64, 48 or something).
I really like hoarding stuff, but all these small containers do not help my cause.
- I came across this: http://www.gameskinny.com/oz1oq/starbound-farming-and-crop-growth-times
I've been having an annoying time growing chili, and now I understand why. I had expected plants to keep growing when you're present on the same planet, but apparently you need to be in the vicinity of them. This makes the growing of some plants really annoying because your character will have to stand around for almost an hour and a half before some of those plants are fully grown.
I beseech thee, please lower growth times of the plants that take 50 minutes to 100 minutes to grow.
- Apple pie description: As american as itself!
Apple pies are not an american invention. That particular saying (As american as apple pie) is not that liked by everyone on the other side of the big ocean.
I have to admit, it annoys me a lot. Apple pies have been around in England and my own country for centuries, when America wasn't even discovered yet. >_>
Americans have quite a 'claimy' history.
I know, I am nitpicking here, but if you could change the description to "As english as itself" or something else entirely, then I'd be very happy.
Meanwhile I'll go write your president so he can ban that particular saying altogether. (He even said the phrase himself during a speech. Bah.)
I haven't seen anyone really mention this yet: I love the water mechanics, with the exception that over a great distance (because there doesn't seem to be a way to carry it yet) if I tunnel long and straight, the water thins out so much that it disappears.
- Guns seem to have been buffed, which is great, but the sniper rifles seem to have been nerfed down to useless metal rods.
I found two sniper rifles who were really poor in stats compared to other guns. Coincidence?
- It'd be a good idea (in my opinion) if pickaxes and drills would mine many times faster when mining a single block (with holding shift).
- I got my first meteor shower today. Dunno if they can kill, I was lucky enough to dive in a hole. If they do kill, please do not make people lose pixels when killed by a meteor. In my opinion such an event would really be a slap in the face of a player.
- About meteors: It'd be great if players could recognize planets who have this problem, so they don't start building there. Building something awesome and see it being torn apart in seconds is a bit unfair. Maybe have occasional comets fly by in the background of the player's ship?
- Edit: Also, tents seem to heal a flat rate of hitpoints. Once you start wearing higher tier armour, sleeping gets more useless. I'd like to see a healing percentage.
- Some ranged attacks from creatures are insane. Wearing a tier 9 armour, a level 6-7 creature can instantly kill you with those lightning or bubble attacks.
Man, I kinda missed this thread.
No necro. Bad. Thread closed.