1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

Hmm, December 4th... That day will be a lot of fun.

Some drawing I made a long time ago, it's fun to look back at. :rainbow:
    [​IMG]

2. enthusedpanda

enthusedpanda Pangalactic Porcupine

Weren't they going to release the client through their homepage as well?

3. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Well it is a Valve service. X3
    That is why I would suggest people don't get their hearts too set on the 4th exactly. The way they mention steam arrangements makes it sound like it is not preloaded into the system yet so it is not just a matter of setting something on the steam server from "Available=0" to "Available=1".

Also while not steam I know Desura sometimes manages to mess up a release by setting it from "Pre-ordered" to "Available" before they make sure they have downloadable binaries on their servers.

Nope, Stage one is Steam-only I believe. If they do a steam-free client for the beta they are holding it off till stage 2 or 3.

4. sammanzhi

sammanzhi Sandwich Man

... you know we have punctuation for that, right?

5. Pizzarugi

Pizzarugi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Meh, if D3 had a competent summoning feature in it like it had in D2, I'd like it. Least Path of Exile fails to disappoint, not counting the deep-seated desync.

On topic:
    Finally, a more accurate date. December 4 is highly anticipated, but I'm okay if we're off a couple days. Tiy's twitter did mention 'assuming arrangements go through with steam'.

6. Princess Cadence

Princess Cadence Pangalactic Porcupine

The brainwash on Tiy was successful. Huzzah a new beta date was announced.
    But I don't want to hop on the hype train because I think its about to derail.

dhxmg likes this.
  7. Middleman93

Middleman93 Star Wrangler

Yes, and I'm fairly certain I used that particular punctuation mark. I just felt like throwing the "/endsentence" on there because it was fairly long-winded (or at least appeared to be from my phone).

8. Jacke513

Jacke513 Void-Bound Voyager

In worst cases the train will explode....

9. nic329

nic329 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

yeah, i see a "Derail" if they miss the 4th, and an "explosion" if the game doesn't meet expectations or has some serious bugs.

10. Jornut

Jornut Aquatic Astronaut

Just gotta trust in the dev team guys, they can do itt!

11. Paco495

Paco495 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You guys should trade mark that statement and make it your forum signature that way you would not have to type it over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over........

Silvestre and Jornut like this.
  12. Liraex

Liraex Orbital Explorer

I expect this game to make me walk again and bring my dead hamster back to life. If it doesn't, I'll be seriously disappointed.

Srsly though (I can walk just fine), I'm expecting this to be a big sandbox where I can build, fight, trade and goof. If it exceeds on all those levels, I'll be happy.

Kirsten likes this.
  13. Hazmat

Hazmat Weight of the Sky

It is a fairly odd thing for a company to do, telling customers their release date plans before (apparently) their distributor. Hopefully it all works out.

Snowfalcon and Pingeh like this.
  14. zothaq

zothaq Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I check the forums sometimes
    but I don't run around complaining about the release date

15. Adinxs

Adinxs Big Damn Hero

I can't deal with this news
    I just can't

16. OzzytheFist

OzzytheFist Big Damn Hero

I don't enjoy PoE. It's clunky and outdated, despite the fact that it's new. I understand that its roots are in D2, but it's just not a well-aged feel. Maybe when PoE gets more work, because I LOVE its art style, but the gameplay doesn't get me. D3 is fun through and through. D3's summoning is pretty competent, though. I don't know where the gripe is.

OT: The 4th is not guaranteed. Likely, but Steam could take longer than expected.

17. Ollobrains

Ollobrains Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i think the disucssions are merely last minute tweaks to the distribution agreement and patching schedule etc, especially since the xrebirth disaster steam wants to make sure every thing is in place, unlike egosoft, chucklefish have given us plenty of peaks at gameplay, lets play youtubers of note and demos at games festivals etc, so we know they have a good game alrady

Capt_Electron likes this.
  18. Milavelo

Milavelo Big Damn Hero

They're not just a company, maaaaan.

They're PEOPLE. Like you, me, and Billy Gee in the corner there, man.

They care about us, man. Just gotta... believe.

:cool:

19. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

Holy shit Dec 4. God damnit tiy thats 2 days after break ends.

20. Scarysnake

Scarysnake Subatomic Cosmonaut

i've got two whole weeks because thats when my exams begin :cry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.