1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

We all need much more than your word. Unless you tell us how you got this picture I will be assuming this is just a doctored early access page.

Landlaw and Finn Learson like this.
  2. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

I'll bring the torches.

Sokina likes this.
  3. Monkeybiscuit

Monkeybiscuit Phantasmal Quasar

The game is getting two releases afaik. One non DRM, and the Steam version.

So regardless of legal wrangling with Steam, the game has a platform (Humblebundle) for release.

4. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Actually wouldn't mind if they let you have a peek sooner. I remember reading a few service people or someone wasn't going to get to on the reddit because they where going to be shipped out. No laptop? :confused:

5. Artem

Artem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It was posted by Tiy in official IRC.

Ninja'd ya :p

Silvestre likes this.
  6. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Mistakes are mistakes. If Chucklefish was a huge company I would be pissed and if they were small I would also be pissed. They don't get the special treatment just because their indie.

Snowfalcon likes this.
  7. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Well has that been stated officially yet? Not too long ago they were talking about waiting for the DRM free version until much later into the beta.
    Source: http://playstarbound.com/regarding-steam-drm-free/ - in this Thread the majority of people called for options 2 and 3.

Edit: Nevermind you're talking about RELEASE. I can't read words.

8. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Tiy posted the picture? Surprising.

Snowfalcon likes this.
  9. Ken_Chihuly

Ken_Chihuly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh f************k
    Hopefully it's the same week of the 4th if not on the 4th itself.

Cause he did say AROUND the 4th, not on it directly. Soo.. *shrug*

Quantum likes this.
  10. LightHoof

LightHoof Pangalactic Porcupine

Is it only available in the US steam? Can't find it in mine.

11. Artem

Artem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As I said above it's not public, only devs can see it.

12. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Some interesting news from Tiy.

"The beta contains tiers 1 - 3 for the most part, then tier X, which contains the rest of the armors/craftables/weapons, but all smooshed together in one unbalanced tier for messing around in.

The game isn't as complete as I'd like it to be for beta, but we're setting up a system where we can literally update it daily. So it should be a wild ride regardless.

Also, creations you share during beta may have a chance to make it into the final game as places other players can find."

http://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/1rhm93/twitter_tiyuri_starbound_beta_release_is_looking/

13. curiouslyExistential

curiouslyExistential Phantasmal Quasar

Well, steam provides one of the best and easiest ways to keep everything up to date during the beta. It's not hard to understand the reasoning behind this.

14. V M Smith

V M Smith Phantasmal Quasar

I never understood why dome devs choose to do this with Steam. One of its main benefits is that it can keep your games up-to-date on its own. Why do you need a patcher/launcher if you have Steam?

PlayMp1 likes this.
  15. Monkeybiscuit

Monkeybiscuit Phantasmal Quasar

It's the nature of the beast; They make special games because they are indie, and they made some mistakes because they are indie. Expecting only the good parts and not accepting the bad is unreasonable, and in the end only ever hurts both parties.

Skarn likes this.
  16. Just purchased a gift key for my lovely girlfriend <3.

The couple that plays together stays together.

17. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

We have one, but it's quite faulty and randomly powers off. But I'll likely be too busy to play anyway, family business. ;-;

Mainly, I want to see the excitement of people when the beta drops, and the hustle and bustle of finding and sharing new information, and videos of interesting things, and laughing about silly bugs, and that kind of thing. (Though I imagine the first day will be nearly silent from everyone playing it.) Like an explosion of excitement, and almost everyone's having fun and just screwing around.

18. LOL also for those asking if it's official, the release date was edited into the title of the thread you're posting in, which was made by Tiy. Although a mod might be able to edit that it's doubtful that would've been done without permission from Tiy, lest they be smote by Tiy's fury.

19. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

I cant wait to see how some people will handle others criticizing Chucklefish now. Will probably be like. "Beta out just be happy man stop complaining their only indie devs etc".

20. totallybob

totallybob Big Damn Hero

Can't wait to see if this is legit. If it is, Space Viking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.