1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lycaon

Lycaon Big Damn Hero

Where do all these foreign people come from? :cautious:
    Where are all the old known beta-thread disputers? :chrono:
    Oh well, an era has ended. ;)

2. Articunno

Articunno Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*opens forums* *sees title* *inhales loudly* *logs on* *flips out*

Jsygrl likes this.
  3. jibbi

jibbi Title Not Found

that´s terrible! i have to start learning for my exams at the beginning of december. how could you do this to me!?

will we be able to buy the game on steam at this date? and also participate in the beta right off the bat? just curious :whoop:

Shhmio likes this.
  4. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

Not to mention that the 'discussion' mostly consisted of people telling anyone who didn't want to use steam that they were an idiot, and that nobody should have a problem with using steam. And/or refusing to accept any reasoning that people gave for not using steam, insisting that any such reasons weren't real reasons because they personally didn't see them as an issue. :facepalm:

In other words, it was a steam love-in echo chamber, and god help anyone with a different point of view. Not an experience I'm in any hurry to repeat.
    Only eight sleeps until starbound beta, children.

5. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Still here. We'll see what the fourth brings and if beta waves away all the problems discussed in the last hundred pages. Unlikely, but for the moment it seems people are content to post reaction images and mass praise endlessly over a tentative date barely more then a week in advanced with uncertainty behind it.

May as well let em go nuts in peace. ;)

sammanzhi and Lycaon like this.
  6. Shhmio

Shhmio Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hehe Steam.

7. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

Oh, come on. You've said that one of your goals was to balance the 'we love Chucklefish' posts. Don't tell me you've given up?

Skarn and PlayMp1 like this.
  8. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Existential Complex

I DONT CARE WHATS HAPPENING I HAVENT READ ANYTHING BESIDES TIY'S TWEET IM FLIPPING OUT

9. Toastation

Toastation Title Not Found

Ahaha, I would love to see the face of people who said "Beta will be dec 31" :)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  10. Archilai

Archilai Title Not Found

They've done it...They've finally done it....Thank you, Lord Chucklefish. Thank you.

jibbi and FancyNancy like this.
  11. Lycaon

Lycaon Big Damn Hero

I would love to see the face of people who said "Beta will be soon, march, april, may, june, july, august, september, october, november" :)

Johan, Inco and JSlade like this.
  12. misho

misho Big Damn Hero

i have just one thing to say about this news

Posel likes this.
  13. JSlade

JSlade Orbital Explorer

Apply cold water to burned area.

Johan and Lycaon like this.
  14. Driver405

Driver405 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ouch, I wish you luck and hope that the surgery goes well.

Also, Yay! Beta is coming soon! :V

15. GCarlos33

GCarlos33 Starship Captain

I just nerded all over the floor.

16. Rhayn

Rhayn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah surgery will be fine as long as I dont die on the operating table and miss out on two weeks off work..

17. Landlaw

Landlaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope this is not another miskate, because i will demand my money back

The Demon of Borders likes this.
  18. PlayMp1

PlayMp1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That was the first half of it, yeah. Then Molly did her "Regarding Steam" post, and we had a fairly more balanced discussion in which most people went with her third option: Steam Early Access for phase 1, DRM-free for phase 2 onward.

19. Lazypeanut

Lazypeanut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

20. Sowaka

Sowaka Phantasmal Quasar

Does anyone know how hosting a server is going to work? I've got a completely separate rig set up to act as a 24/7 server in my home... but I've also just noticed that you can only be signed into Steam on one account... I want this to work smoothly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.