1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fredmay20

fredmay20 Phantasmal Quasar

Starbound release date, December 4. Happy guys? DUH DUH DUH. BE HAPPY! and if you are not....... go live in a hole

2. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

You know. I for one am going to act sane and go meh for the release date.

3. Corpj123

Corpj123 Starship Captain

You cannot grasp The True Date of Beta!

4. Gnomechompski

Gnomechompski Scruffy Nerf-Herder

iTS THE BETA RELEASE DATE NOT STARBOUND FINAL RELEASE DATE OMGOMGGE

5. JSlade

JSlade Orbital Explorer

This was probably the best thing I've woken up to in a long, long time. Technically saw it on twitter before coming here, but that's beside the point.

Middleman93 and Jacke513 like this.
  6. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

Cheezus, the hype in here is through the roof. And I'm right with it!

7. Silvestre

Silvestre Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm very surprised that Tiy announced a beta date, that's a bold move. Let's hope it's not delayed too much, as he said "around the 4th".
    All that being said... freaking... hooray!!!

Jacke513 and dhxmg like this.
  8. Jeme223

Jeme223 Pangalactic Porcupine

now the question is, 1. will this be a steam early access release? and 2. will i be able to buy beta after its release if i dont preorder it?

Jacke513 likes this.
  9. xLyraHeartstringsx

xLyraHeartstringsx Void-Bound Voyager

skipping school dec 4th

Lost in Nowhere and dhxmg like this.
  10. SaitaM

SaitaM Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well I think the 2nd one has already been confirmed hasn't it? MIght be confusing things..You're technically still pre ordering it since the game isn't out yet.
    As for the first question, it's diffcult to speculate..It's hard to imagine it not going on early access...However I recall having had access to Skullgirls beta, for instance, without it being on early access so it wouldn't be the first. However dunno if the early access thingy had already been started in steam when it was launched..

11. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Is this a demo? :p

To be fair, games are meant to be played, not watched.
    The LP from a TRUE NOBODY is a better and more honest representation of the person's opinions than that of a high ranking video producer, because they have nothing to lose. Unless you build your name upon the idea of being brutally honest (Like Totalbiscuit for example), I start to lose the trust of those who start to become paid by larger companies to make videos. I'm not saying that YouTubers shouldn't get paid for what they do, but its only rational to start to question some things. Think about it, if someone talked bad about Starbound around here, they would get shot down so much. Anything other than the popular opinion is often frowned upon (Look at Bioshock Infinite for example, great story, but lousy mechanics). I will keep saying this to the end of time, if you can't trust the general public to come up with their own interpretation of your product, I have to start questioning you. Its more fair to let everyone go at a product first than let only a few hand-selected.

Thankfully though, Beta isn't that far away from the corner, so "damage" (We're all gonna die from LPs! :p), is minimal.

12. JSlade

JSlade Orbital Explorer

Did anyone else laugh really hard at the replies to Tiy's tweets? Molly was like, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

13. Solomon Darling

Solomon Darling Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Once he gets everything settled with Steam, probably, yes :)

Silvestre likes this.
  14. Rhayn

Rhayn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now this is pretty darn good timing. 06th of Dec, I am due in for surgery and will have two weeks mandatory time off work. So guess I know what I will be recuperating with.

Inco likes this.
  15. fredmay20

Funny stuff these developers..... funny stuff...

16. redredxx3

redredxx3 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know where you're going with this, but just give a little sparkle of hope, even if it's like, 1mm in diameter.

fredmay20 likes this.
  17. fredmay20

I swear, I have never seen half these people untill tiy tweeted

Skarn likes this.
  18. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Ohhhh man. I updated the countdown timer on Starbounder this morning! The date is so close!!!

Silvestre, Rekalty and Jsygrl like this.
  19. Jsygrl

Jsygrl Poptop Tamer

I went on that page and i was like eh? why is it saying 7 days, let me refresh it....still says 7 days...rushes over to starbound forums!!! :D

Katzeus likes this.
  20. sammanzhi

sammanzhi Sandwich Man

I'm loving the handful of people that are trying to preserve the sanctity of the beta thread. "I know this isn't on topic but STARBOUND!"

Please, this thread has gone on and off topic for weeks now. :laugh:

Skarn and Lycaon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.