1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Beta Mac support?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Averitaen, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Averitaen

Averitaen Aquatic Astronaut

I noticed, with the recent release of the Risk of Rain beta, that though Max/Linux support was planned, the beta was still Windows only. Kind of sucks, considering I paid for the beta but only own a Mac, but I suppose that's my own fault for not double-checking the support first.

But will the Starbound beta, once released, have Max/Linux support? I sincerely hope that it does! I'd actually get to play something.

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

The game is being developed for PC, Mac and Linux, so I assume the beta would be on Mac. I'm not sure what the official word is on beta platforms, but I haven't heard anything to confirm or deny it.

riseoflegends and WoxandWarf like this.
  3. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

They're developing for all three simultaneously (one of the perks of using C++) so the beta will be available for all three at the same time.

The reason the Risk of Rain beta isn't compatible with mac/linux is more to do with issues with Gamemaker (which the RoR devs are using).

riseoflegends, Averitaen and Jonesy like this.
  4. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

I can confirm support for Linux/Mac/Windows at Beta.

5. BronyGod

BronyGod Void-Bound Voyager

This is great news for me! Finally, I know that I can purchase and not worry about it not working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.