Best Fishing Bobber

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Volt392, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Volt392

Volt392 Aquatic Astronaut

I've heard people say that the Trap Bobber is the best one,I will agree that's it's decent but my favorite one is the Cork Bobber I love that extra size of the fishing bar. What Bobber do you guys use the most

• xnoirel

xnoirel Big Damn Hero

Trap bobber is indispensable when you're fishing for legendary fishes, unless you're freaking good + lucky, lol.

• Moofinseeker

Moofinseeker Space Spelunker

Trap and dressed spinner are my favourites, cork is a close second for me. I've tried the treasure bobber but didn't really notice an increase in chests appearing, but the bar not going down while capturing chests is neat.

• Godot

Godot Big Damn Hero

Trap

• Volt392

Yeah the Dressed one it's great but one of my least favorite one is the Barbed Hook. I understand that you can catch weak fish without doing anything but I can do that normally with no problems. But if it went for a large fish the bar would get thrown around. And makes fishing too hard

• Moofinseeker

Yeah and if there is a chest that's too bad because you can't get it. I also hate magnet bait because it costs 1000g for you to fish up seaweed and waste the bait.

• Volt392

Yeah I have a chest with a bunch of Traps and tons of bait.

• Volt392

Yeah the only reason I got a magnet bait was because I got a free one from winning the ice fishing tournament

• Ingway

Ingway Subatomic Cosmonaut

Trap bobber for hard to catch fish.
                    Treasure bobber if you're looking for treasure (can go along with magnet bait for a 133% increase in finding treasure, + pirate perk goes to +233% which is 49,5% chance for treasure chests)
                    And if you're feeling like catching fish fast i guess dressed bobber + bait is pretty good.

• Volt392

That's really helpful thanks a ton I might need to make a bunch more dressed hooks.

• Godot

Godot Big Damn Hero

I agree ... I tested the barbed hook out once, when I won it as part of the set in the icefishing competition ... never again

Volt392 likes this.
                        • Ingway

Ingway Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just one thing that may be wrong on that. I'm not sure if taking pirate increases base chance for treasure from 15% to 30%, if it does then the actual chance for finding treasure with pirate + magnet bait and treasure bobber is in fact 69,9%

• Volt392

That's still a rather high chance for treasure though

• Wasselin

Wasselin Pangalactic Porcupine

Does anyone bother with wild bait? I was thinking of making some but it looks kind of annoying and I'm not sure it's worth it.

• Moofinseeker

I thought it was mainly used to catch legendaries or to decrease trash chance in crabpots. Pretty sure it does neither of these and it seems useless for what it's worth...

• SmaugBaggins

SmaugBaggins Existential Complex

I use the the trap the most and cork on occasions also i like using Wild bait it though it is a grid to make

• bsctgod

bsctgod Void-Bound Voyager

I've used both Trap and Cork to catch legendaries. I don't think one is really better than the other. All things being equal, you should spend less time with the fish out of the range with the cork so the faster bar loss wouldn't make much of a difference than using a Trap bobber.

• Mica

Mica Subatomic Cosmonaut

Trap is definitely my call for the best as it makes everything easier.

Wild Bait, IIRC, it's just "reduce delay of getting a bite by 60%". While normal Bait is at 50%.
                                      It doesn't sound like it has anything to do about what you catch, nor is it worth the effort gather materials for.