1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Benefits of leveling up?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Restarter000, May 9, 2013.

1. Restarter000

Restarter000 Intergalactic Tourist

Generally I go around after completing a level and buy everything I can, even if it's just that random question mark and it ends up being the same active item that I already have equipped.

So I often wonder how much leveling up benefits you. I know you start with 12 damage and it goes up by 3 each level, but that's about all I know...

So anyone want to help enlighten me :D
    Sorry if it's already been asked somewhere and I'm just blind ._.

• DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Health of character increases as well. Then all items that deal any sort of damage depends on your attack. When you level-up, your items level-up also.

• Restarter000

Restarter000 Intergalactic Tourist

Okay, awesome. Thanks. :rofl:

I misunderstood and thought you meant your items level up when you do lol. But only when you get them do they level up.

• Joskineide

Joskineide Astral Cartographer

The itens do damage acording to your damage, for an example :
          At lvl 10 (45 atk) you get the disposable rockets (or the item that alows you to randomly shoot rokets)
          Every single rocket does 500% dmg, so you would do 225-203 dmg with it
          Panic mines, gasoline, sacrificial dagger, fire shield, most of actives, etc are based on that

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Oh? So rockets gained at level 5 are more useful than rockets gained at level 1? Interesting.

• ThatCAT

ThatCAT Master Chief

Items do damage based on a % of your attack, so they don't "level' per-say, rather; they scale AS you level. Getting rockets at level 10 makes them do (level 10 atk x 500%), same as if you got them at level 1 (level 1 atk x 500%)