[BBTS] Bronies Beyond The Stars V3.0

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan BBTS, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

Doesn't matter, ISPs are king now until the FCC gets their act together.

2. Mercury Gilado

Mercury Gilado Existential Complex

This now sounds like a political topic I have no knowledge of. What's the deal?

3. RedScarWolf

4. CaptainMcManface

CaptainMcManface Pangalactic Porcupine

Goodnight pawnies

5. Shinxy-Chan

Shinxy-Chan Giant Laser Beams

Remember everybody, on topic.

6. Spike

Spike Supernova

I don't like this shinx.

7. Shinxy-Chan

Shinxy-Chan Giant Laser Beams

You don't like anything, you hate yourself, your signature says so.

8. Inkwell

Inkwell Hey, You!

ORRR she may be the smartest one of all . . .
    Remembers all ponies names in ponyville and there birthdays. Misses the obvious but sees it when no one else does (specifically the quote "it was under E" And finally she may say random things and all but lets be honest, anyone that can break physics the way she can is obviously a god in disguise. lets not talk about how she knows things ...THINGS!! ...

Sparksol likes this.
  9. Sparksol

Sparksol Phantasmal Quasar

At one point, I had a threat level list of the mane 6, a sort of "if they're seriously mad at you, how screwed are you?" list.

It had three tiers, and was made before Discord was released, so also before Twilight got her wings.

Bottom tier had Rarity and Rainbow Dash. Don't get me wrong, they're still dangerous.
    - Rarity. She might have some basic combat ability, but she's more of an indirect danger; with magic she can be right in front of you and be doing things quite literally behind your back. She doesn't know much in the way of magic, mind you, but it's still something to watch out for if you're not focused. Not to mention, if you've ticked her off, there's a certain (admittedly baby) dragon who'd gladly tear you a new one as well.
    - Rainbow Dash. She is fast, physically inclined, and could very likely take on anyone 1-on-1 in a direct physical confrontation. Thing is, she's not the quickest thinker, and if she was upset she'd likely not be thinking of indirect methods of dealing with you. At which point it becomes a matter of whether you can deal with faster-than-sound headbutts and kicks. (She also may or may not have a black belt in the pony-equivalent of karate. I'm betting if she does, she's out of practice.)

Next level up holds Fluttershy and Applejack.
    - Fluttershy. I can hear the complaints now, Fluttershy more dangerous than Rainbow Dash? In a direct way, it's true, she's not - unless you hurt her friends. Or animals, whether or not the animal is her friend. Even then, she's not as directly dangerous as RD...but not only is she far more likely to hold a grudge, she can get every animal out there to go after you if it comes to that. Tons of animals, all going after you? Up to and including the more monstrous creatures she's befriended or gotten to feel sorry for her? Bad news for just about anyone, if you're somewhere that has animals.
    - Applejack. She's got a kick at least as strong as the booze that's her namesake. A hard worker and athletic, she's got all the dangers of a ground-based Rainbow Dash, as well as bringing the dangers of her calling in her rather large list of relatives. You go to any city or town, chances are there's an Apple relative there to find you. Very similar trouble of hiding from Fluttershy's army, only now in more civilized areas.

Top-level has - as should be obvious by now - Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle.
    - Pinkie Pie. What can't she do? She has machines to fly, so no escape in the clouds. Rainbow Dash herself isn't fast enough to run away from her. And hiding from her is a losing prospect, she can find you very quickly, no matter how easily distracted she can be. There's no escaping her tenacity. Is she actually dangerous though? Certainly. Slight alterations to her party cannons, and she's got weapons that might be anywhere. In pretty much any conflict, surprise is the most dangerous thing there is, and she basically is surprise. (No pun intended, but pun totally intended.)
    - Twilight Sparkle. I can practically hear people rolling their eyes at this one. "Oh goody, the Mary-Sue? Let me guess, she'll just magic you to death." Isn't that enough? Let's say there's no *poof* You're-Dead spells, and just take note of what she's actually done with magic in the show. She could turn parts of you to fruit, or summon parasprites on you. Or both at once! She might or might not be able to send you to the mirror pool, but that one's a bit uncertain without the presence of mirror-clones. There's that come-to-life spell, but I'm uncertain of her ability to control whatever she animates. With the Want-it-Need-it spell, it wouldn't be hard to lure you out from hiding, although that depends on how well she can tune it up or down, not to mention turning it off once you were caught. She could just pick you up and hold you in place and then do whatever else she feels like. I mean hey, if she can lift an Ursa Minor and a water tower filled with milk, it can't be that hard to simply drop something heavy on you, especially if she's holding you in place. If she can see you, you'd better have something already set up to get away, or it's too late. She can go back in time by at least a week and stick around more than long enough to zap you a good one, so even if she doesn't try to go after you before you anger her, it might be a good idea to dodge the moment you've done whatever you did to make her mad. (A good idea even without the time-travel, given her levitation skills, but it's probably already too late.)

Of course, this list is only useful on an individual level, and they're very likely to quickly start working together. All of them at once going after you (when they're not being irrelevant thanks to sloppy writing or for reasons of story elements) and...well.

Other after-notes: If we include released Discord into this, Flutters moves into top-tier threat level. Twilight's wing-addition so far hasn't changed much else for her, really. Other late-S3 and S4 changes not really taken into account.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Tlarby

Tlarby Guest

My eyes have been pried open and my fingers became compelled to type.

11. RedScarWolf

Meh, I still don't like her.

12. Phyrosite

Phyrosite Phantasmal Quasar

I bet you cant tell what my favorite mane 6 is

13. RedScarWolf

The boring one? :V

Inkwell likes this.
  14. Phyrosite

Phyrosite Phantasmal Quasar

Fluttershy :V

FTFY

15. Tlarby

Tlarby Guest

Everyone's favorite is fluttershy. People just lie to each other.

16. Sparksol

Sparksol Phantasmal Quasar

Except for the ones who didn't.

On an unrelated note, it sucks when your vehicle breaks down.

Phyrosite and RedScarWolf like this.
  17. RedScarWolf

FTFTFY

18. Dragonsbane11

Dragonsbane11 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Topic?
    [​IMG]

CaptainMcManface and Gredd18 like this.
  19. RedScarWolf

So how loony is loony Luna Lovegood?

20. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

- Charlatan's Notes -
    Day 2 of my expedition into the secret culture of bronies

=> They seem to thrive on a constant influx of snips and pictures either silly, pretty or both. Possibly this is their nutrition
    => I am unsure whether their cruel and warlike nature is a compensation to balance this
    => Their spiritual development seems to peek in a mysterious state they call "on topic"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.