[BBTS] Bronies Beyond the Stars V2.0

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan BBTS, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuyon

Kuyon Subatomic Cosmonaut

Again you seemed to have missed my point. I was saying that Sports are encouraged and can be just as violent as some games and are encouraged by many parents and society. The only double standard is that sports like football get a pass yet a violent game gets some people up in arms. ^^
    Well to be fair movie and cartoons and such have gotten attacked before its just games are the newest "demon" and once something else comes around games will likely fall more under the radar. The people who fight these things tend to focus on the newest thing and previous battle grounds are abandoned. ^^

2. Fak u, I do what I want.

3. Aeridan

Aeridan Pangalactic Porcupine

u wanna fite m8

CaptainMcManface likes this.
  4. Gredd18

Gredd18 Giant Laser Beams

This ^.
    Games are used as vents, and if people say violent games makes violence, but doesn't say they help people feel less violent, they're just being dicks.

5. yah u and me

6. Kuroi Kaen

Kuroi Kaen Void-Bound Voyager

Well I walked into a thing.
    I did a paper on this subject last year.

CaptainMcManface likes this.
  7. Kuyon

That reminds me I remember reading about a "study" that compared a "violent competitive game" or something with a non competitive game and then monitored the brain and the parts that control aggression and such lit up (maybe since competitive stuff activates those parts too.) lol I love these biased studies that try and prove what they want them to prove and ignore anything they have to to "prove" their point.

Gredd18 likes this.
  8. Dragonsbane11

Dragonsbane11 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just gonna throw in my two cents, I think the problem is not the media that is ingested but the person that ingests it. I was given a solid foundation of right from wrong as a child even as I was playing these violent video-games. However people who take no hand with their children in teaching them any moral standing are the issue in my opinion. Hell Colombian is a good example, they built pipe bombs in their parents house and not an eyebrow was raised at the parents, it all goes to that they listened to Marilyn Manson and played doom. Children are born Tabula Rasa, then need to be taught what is right from wrong, because otherwise they have no experience to draw from. Personally I have consumed every violent video game made, I have seen near every vulgar, violent film I can get my hands on and I have listened to Marilyn Manson and others, the result? I have never been in a fight, I never yell at anyone, and I give all the up most respect and courtesy as long as they deserve it (then I walk away). Hell I am getting the run around on a car accident where the other person ran a red light and t boned my car, I am being told it is partially my fault, I haven't raised my voice once. This is all because I understand we are not animals and that we live in a society, and society has expected behaviors and rules that I was taught growing up.

In conclusion heres some ponies

[​IMG]

9. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

They're all violent and they should all be held to the same standard, no one can say one is worse than the other as they all cause desensitization of violence, and I've seen protests against every form of this kind of "entertainment", not just video games. Hell, the entire football league is under investigation right now, because it's been deemed unsafe for the players. All of it is unhealthy and has caused damaged to our society, so they should all be held accountable (including parents).

10. Kuyon

Yeah but my point is that society encourages sports and heck even almost puts the player in "worship" status and yet it can be just as violent as some games and they get flack. ^^ The investigation I believe is more about equipment not being up to snuff and such. (I could be wrong since I don't keep up with that stuff). I saw a video from pen and teller talking about violent games and they proposed an interesting question. "What is games had come before football" Would the roles be reversed? Society cheers for and encouraged sports, if football had come after games... would it be demonized like games are today? If you really think about it its an interesting theory. ^^

11. Spike

Spike Supernova

Red, you need to eat a snickers. No scratch that; you need to eat a whole crate of snickers.

12. That Valentines card takes me back. Waaaay back. I made a card for nearly everyone I knew here. Can't say that my day was wasted.
    On one mission as Franklin, I was pretty much at the end of the mission where I had to lose the cops after escaping a warehouse. I was making my to the highway when suddenly a huge truck was ramming into me. I rammed back, but once it did it again I had hit the wall with the truck so close to my side that I couldn't get out. Worse thing is that the truck just stopped (not sure if the driver was dead or was some agent cop, I dunno), so my car was unable to move out of there as I was completely wedged in. In the end, I had to take the bullets and die.:rofl:
    LUNA! :love: *Totally not ignoring the conversation*

13. Gredd18

Gredd18 Giant Laser Beams

WoT or Ponies.
    Ponies.

14. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

[​IMG]

15. Spike

Spike Supernova

But this:

[​IMG]

This made me into a clopper.

16. Oh no, here comes the dust.

17. Spike

Spike Supernova

Oh wow, I completely forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me.

Spike Purple Dust.png

creepwolf likes this.
  18. Kuyon

Amen ^^

19. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

That's not what I saying at all, I'm saying that violent media can make people aggressive, which considering how hostile/defensive/offensive people (including all of you) get over any kind of game, I'm not completely wrong. But, again, no matter what I say, I'll always be wrong because people can't take any kind of criticism about anything.

20. D'oh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.