1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Bartwe confirms earth as destination to visit

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Serenity, Aug 30, 2013.

?

Is this a good development

1. seems legit

98 vote(s)
    72.1%
  2. earth is over rated

24 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. Maybe so/don't really care

14 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. Blue

Blue Former Staff

Just a note. From what I understand, there will only be ten tiers of gear. but each tier will allow you to take on a difficulty range of about 10 levels each. so tier ten will let you visit lvl 100 planets, for example.

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I've wondered if the 'Tentacle Monster' would be the Human Story's Final Boss...

3. bayley

bayley Cosmic Narwhal

DUNDUN DUN

Axe Garian likes this.
  4. like00111

like00111 Zero Gravity Genie

Probably not, since they are expecting you to think it is the final boss, so that makes them want a secret boss you aren't expecting.

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Hmm... true. Maybe the Tentacle Monster will be a Plot Twist to actually be The Dragon to the real Big Bad... :p

like00111 likes this.
  6. SpaceSprawler

SpaceSprawler Star Wrangler

YOU BLEW IT UP! DAMN YOU ALL TO HEEEELL!!!

7. plasma face

plasma face Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Have you read this: www.community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/list-of-announced-game-information-updated-aug-29th.450/

under the planet spoiler it states: A planet may be generated as infinite in size, however, only left or right,
    as planet depth has been capped for obvious reasons

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. like00111

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. plasma face

I am sorry if you felt like I was arguing with you, your last post Is misleading it states "I don't know. infinite is a pretty big number"
    can you explain what you mean and what it had to do with my previous post before that.
    no harm is meant ok :)

Axe Garian likes this.
  10. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Last I heard, Infinite Planet Size is feasibly done, but was not gonna be done for any normal planet because an infinite planet could generate infinite resources, make Terraria-like play all too possible, & cause the defeat of the point of the Space Exploration aspect of the game, & that would be a total game killer right there.

Infinite Planet Boss Arenas, on the other hand... that might be feasible. Might be other possible 'special uses' for Infinite Planet type generation as well. *Imagines falling into a weird Spacial Disturbance & finding a "Dimension X"...* :p

plasma face likes this.
  11. like00111

It's all good.
    I was just trying to state that it can't all be generated infinite at once, but if you execute it the right way you can. I.E loading screens (like the FTL travel screen, while traveling it loads your planet) You can generate a portion of it and as you begin to move out of that portion it generates the next portion, making it infinite.
    I don't remember why I was pointing that out but that is all I was trying to say.

plasma face and Axe Garian like this.
  12. plasma face

ok, cool :)
    makes more sense now, thanks pointing it out.

Axe Garian likes this.
  13. like00111

Not a problem.

My fault if I didn't make it clear.

plasma face likes this.
  14. Bumber

Bumber Pangalactic Porcupine

It would seem that the construction of Earth II suffered heavily from budget constraints.

Blackleaf, Axe Garian and Serenity like this.
  15. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

I wonder what Slartibartfast has to say about it :p

16. Cptn_Stuart

Cptn_Stuart Orbital Explorer

I would love to visit earth in starbound, I could build a replica of my house :D